The resort is spreadout over a large area so if you do not want to walk then this is not a resort for you. We had a room in the "M" building which was close to the beach and had a great view but the room smelled mouldy. We decided to give it a try but in the morning went to the front desk and asked them what they could do to lessen the odour. They showed us another room or said they could bring in a machine to get rid of the smell. After seeing the wonderful ocean view in the "B" building, we decided to switch rooms.. The "B" building seems to have been freshened up more recently then the "M" building. Watching the sunsets each night was a highlight. Pineapple Pete's on the main drag was amazing. The grocery store right on site was a great. The front desk, bellman and staff were helpful. And the beach area is fantastic! Plus, we took the Monday morning bus tour of the Island which was great for first-timers in the area. Orient Beach was comical for us Canadian gals who kept our swimsuits firmly in place despite the nudity of the other beach patrons. Aquamania, which is on-site, provides an excursion around the west side of the Island that ends at Pinel Island. We snorkled and stopped at Long Beach as well. All in all. It was a great time. If the beauty of your room is important to you then this is not the place for you. If the beach is important then you will love this resort! Happy Travelling!
- Also Known As:
- Simpson Bay Resort & Marina Hotel Simpson Bay
- Simpson Bay Resort & Marina Hotel
- Simpson Bay Resort And Marina
- Simpson Bay Resort & Marina St Maarten-St Martin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simpson Bay Resort and Marina is ideally positioned on the beach, midway between the island's most popular night spots and shopping. Fine Restaurants abound to tempt your pallet, jewelry stores to browse through plus a car rental conveniently located in the lobby and an activity center makes it easy to plan excursions to dive/snorkel spots along with a variety of water sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Venere, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia and Tingo so you can book your Simpson Bay Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.