So we had the pleasure of being married at Marys Boon on March 23rd 2013.What an awesome experiance ... we had about 40 guest and Marys went above and beyond to take care of us and everyone involved ... Lisa our wedding planner extrodonaire made everything perfect for us for day one of our communication all the way to our final goodbyes .... i know another reviewer said it was horrible but they should have come and said hi ... they could have joined in the fun ... as far as being close to the airport .. we are airport geeks and anyone who knows Maho .or reads reviews .knows it is famous for being close to the airport thats part of the charm we had a car parked there all week with no issues ... so back to Marys Boon and the Tides resturant.. the hotel is quaint they took care of over 20 of our guest for a good part of the week with no issue ... as far as the food ..it was great everyone loved it .. many of our guest travel the world and thanked us for letting them in on this little know secret spot with the beautiful beach ....and said they will return often again if you are use to big time resorts in a ritzy neighborhood ..maybe this isnt the place for you ...if you like a nice place with good food and great beach location than definutly stay here ... if you have a special event isuggest you find Lisa and she will make sure it is done right !!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WELCOME TO MARY'S BOON BEACH HOTEL & SPA - recently under new management since November 2012 and now busy updating the entire property and rooms. Please note that many of the room photo's you see online have not yet been updated to show the new rooms. The owners and staff of Mary's Boon Beach Hotel & Spa invite you to experience the magic of our historic hotel on the beautiful island of St. Maarten. A true Caribbean style hotel with all the compforts you expect and in operation since the early 70's. This intimately run St. Maarten Small Hotel is tucked away from the crowds, earning Mary's Boon the soubriquet, "St Maarten's Little Secret". Located on a beautiful three-mile beach Mary's Boon is conveniently near to the action. Great shopping, dining, night life and outdoor activities can be found close by, while affording guests a private haven to return to at the end of each day.If all you want to do is to while away hours in the sun, then Mary's Boon has all the elements to ensure a relaxing break away from the bustle of everyday life. The Hotel offers several types of accommodations, from the very budget minded economy rooms to 1 bedroom beachfront suites and amenities include The Tides Restaurant, bar service is from morning to late evening, and a swimming pool is just step away from your room. The winner of many awards and just voted "BEST HOTEL" in 2013 by the readers of the St Maarten Daily Herald Paper! Lovely tropical gardens and all situated on one of the islands' best beaches. Mary's Boon, a classic Caribbean destination, provides a unique Island experience that has something for everyone! It's the NEW Mary's Boon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your Mary's Boon Beach Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mary`s Boon Beach Hotel Simpson Bay
- Marys Boon Beach Plantation Hotel
- Mary's Boon Beach Resort And Spa St Maarten-St Martin/Simpson Bay