Back in the late 70's - 80's and early 90's when MB was the real thing- Rush and Alan ran a wonderful, yet, unique retreat. the bar- honor system- sign in for the drinks you served yourself and pay at the end of the stay. the rooms- not AC- but oh so Caribbean- ceiling fans, breezes form the sea- bathrooms- clean and nice-
Dinner- ah Rush had away about him. If you were stayng there,you had first "dibs" so to speak but you needed to sign up for dinner time. Outsiders- well you were lucky if you got to join the "family." If you were not liked or were otherwise not acceptable, good bye- you would not share at dinner.Wat staff, starched, clean an doh so professional. At the end of the evening when Rush was done, so were we- dinner is done- bar is closed- good nite all! It was a tightly run ship- almost like boot camp in a loving way- and yet it was joyful fun and oh so well taken care of. The pets ran free, the monkeys and parrots and other animals in the cages in the front of MB were a great addition-and so loved by Alan and Rush- staff was so attentive and yet invisible. those were the days "my friends" we thought it would never end"... but alas, times, owners, ideas change history. I wish you all could have enjoyed those glorious days like we did. But the sea remains pure, blue and so inviting. It is the best aspect of MB without a doubt. Good luck to the new/old owners who bought it from Rush- work hard, bring it back and you to will be successful. EB It was a family trip made up of friends, spouse and family too. have to fill in a date of travel to pass this on to you, but I have not been there since 1989. So I am making up a date. Or else I cannot pass on my info.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WELCOME TO MARY'S BOON BEACH HOTEL & SPA - recently under new management since November 2012 and now busy updating the entire property and rooms. Please note that many of the room photo's you see online have not yet been updated to show the new rooms. The owners and staff of Mary's Boon Beach Hotel & Spa invite you to experience the magic of our historic hotel on the beautiful island of St. Maarten. A true Caribbean style hotel with all the compforts you expect and in operation since the early 70's. This intimately run St. Maarten Small Hotel is tucked away from the crowds, earning Mary's Boon the soubriquet, "St Maarten's Little Secret". Located on a beautiful three-mile beach Mary's Boon is conveniently near to the action. Great shopping, dining, night life and outdoor activities can be found close by, while affording guests a private haven to return to at the end of each day.If all you want to do is to while away hours in the sun, then Mary's Boon has all the elements to ensure a relaxing break away from the bustle of everyday life. The Hotel offers several types of accommodations, from the very budget minded economy rooms to 1 bedroom beachfront suites and amenities include The Tides Restaurant, bar service is from morning to late evening, and a swimming pool is just step away from your room. The winner of many awards and just voted "BEST HOTEL" in 2013 by the readers of the St Maarten Daily Herald Paper! Lovely tropical gardens and all situated on one of the islands' best beaches. Mary's Boon, a classic Caribbean destination, provides a unique Island experience that has something for everyone! It's the NEW Mary's Boon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Orbitz and Venere so you can book your Mary's Boon Beach Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mary`s Boon Beach Hotel Simpson Bay
- Marys Boon Beach Plantation Hotel
- Mary's Boon Beach Resort And Spa St Maarten-St Martin/Simpson Bay