The good: Directly on the beach, walk from most rooms right out to the beach, sit on porch and a enjoy the view, also a good place if you like to watch the planes fly by close overhead. Rooms have full kitchenettes w\ fridge. Free wifi.
The bad: (The beware part) If you book here and pre-pay they have a no refund policy. We attempted to cancel one of the days (3 days advance notice) & they would not allow this change, (so we paid $230+ for a night we were not there, low season & the hotel was empty) also after staying a few days if you want to cancel \change hotels they won’t refunded any pre-paid money. (Most hotels at least will allow a cancel\refund if you at least stay one night) Not here! I spoke directly with the manager & I she would not budge on this. So, make sure you really want to stay here if you book it as you will be stuck! For the price of this room you would think it would be nicer. Walls had holes, towel were ripped and falling apart, (see my pics) bathroom door would not shut & scrapped against the wall, the tv did not work the entire time (even with repeated efforts from the staff to resolve.) If you think you will want to watch any tv do not get rm 16. It’s the last room on the end of their satellite feed and it does not reach. Door has the slats that don’t stay closed & there is no curtain so people can look in and see directly into your room. Pool was dirty. If the price was lower this hotel would be an ‘acceptable’ place since its right on the beach, but not at this price tag! With all the hotel offerings around I would choose another hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Mary`s Boon Beach Hotel Simpson Bay
- Mary`s Boon Beach Hotel
- Marys Boon Beach Plantation Hotel
- Mary's Boon Beach Resort And Spa St Maarten-St Martin/Simpson Bay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WELCOME TO MARY'S BOON BEACH PLANTATION - Hotel / SPARecently under new management the owners and staff of Mary's Boon Beach Plantation invite you to experience the magic of our historic hotel on the beautiful island of St. Maarten. A true Caribbean style hotel with all the compforts you expect and in operation since the early 70's. This intimately run St. Maarten Small Hotel is tucked away from the crowds, earning Mary's Boon the soubriquet, “St Maarten's Little Secret”. Located on a beautiful three-mile beach Mary’s Boon is conveniently near to the action. Great shopping, dining, night life and outdoor activities can be found close by, while affording guests a private haven to return to at the end of each day.If all you want to do is to while away hours in the sun, then Mary's Boon has all the elements to ensure a relaxing break away from the bustle of everyday life. The Hotel offers several types of accommodations, from the very budget minded economy rooms to 1 bedroom beachfront suites and amenities include The Tides Restaurant, bar service is from morning to late evening, and a swimming pool is just step away from your room. Lovely tropical gardens and all situated on one of the islands’ best beaches. Mary's Boon, a classic Caribbean destination, provides a unique Island experience that has something for everyone! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Mary's Boon Beach Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.