“Marys Boon” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mary's Boon Beach Resort and Spa

Save Saved
You added Mary's Boon Beach Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Mary's Boon Beach Resort and Spa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   117 Simpson Bay Road | St Maarten, Simpson Bay 00000, St Maarten-St Martin   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Simpson Bay
Amityville, New York
“Marys Boon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

My wife and I have been going to St Maarten for several years and I myself have been going since 1984. We stayed at Marys Boon last November for 1 week and had a great experience-. It is not the four seasons but is a comfortable place to stay with nice staff and an awesome beach. I had to laugh when reading the review that said that the neighborhood was in the ghetto and there were drug dealers and prostitutes- which is complete BS. This resort is located in a residential area and there are poor black people that live there, if you are afraid of that don't go to St Maarten go to some cheesy all inclusive instead!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
California City, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed at Marys Boon for 2 nights in August and found it to be a decent hotel. The airplane views are amazing and the beach access is awesome. You have to know going into it that it is in a pretty rough part of town. After you pass the "Bada Bing" strip club, you'll drive by a few abandoned houses, some broken glass buildings, a bunch of cars on blocks, and then a few sketchy side streets. When you get there, the resort is older, but cute.

The rooms are nice, but nothing fancy. The beach access is amazing, but there are several other hotels on Simpson Bay that dont require the less than desired neighborhood.

Next time we go to Sint Maarten, we will not be staying at Marys Boon. The hotel needs updating and the pool NEEDS to be cleaned out (we didnt swim once because it was just too dirty). I went into Marys Boon with realistic expectations, but, even though the manager and the staff were very nice, we were still disappointed.

At best, this is a 3 start hotel in a shady neighborhood.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Port of Spain, Trinidad
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Upon entering my room at this 'resort' I discovered the blinds were broken and the interior of the room was visible from outside. Maintenance arrived to assist me about an hour and four calls later, but the blinds completely fell apart when he tried to fix it. I was transferred to a room in the basement of the main house where they keep their storage supplies for the kitchen. I almost had to climb over boxes to get to my room. Forbearingly, I decided to get a drink at the bar followed by a stroll on the beach, however, no one was available to serve me a drink. Luckily, someone passed and casually mentioned that it was ok to 'take a drink and record your usage on the stock sheet near the chiller'. Confused, I got my drink and headed to the beach with my camera in hand. To my horror, I was chased into the ocean by a dog (camera in hand) while a manager looked on unconcerned. I later found out that the dog was the resident pet. (I love dogs and don't mind them having one as a resident charm, but I was severely shocked that he was aggressive enough to attack their guests without receiving a word of apology from the management or staff). As if that was not enough, this hotel borders the airport and sleep is impossible with an active airport such as Princess Juliana Airport.

Oh..and on my way to the first room, I crossed over a dead roach...almost like an omen of all that was to follow.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Parma, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I spent a couple of night at Mary's and I was impressed by the great view of the Ocean on Simpson Bay.
The beach bar is really nice (live music and cold beer is all I needed). Wifi coverage almost everywere.
The bad surprise was the room. Not clean as I would expect for a 300$ room and the internal garden was very dirty. Early in the morning the planes from the 100-ft-far-runaway started to land and take off. That wasn't a problem for me since I was awake very early in the morning because the jet lag but I guess that if you want to fully enjoy the Carribbean with some rest that would be impossible.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We only stayed for one night (May 30th) - wish we could have stayed longer. After sailing for a week we needed a place to stay close to the airport before catching a plane home in the morning. When we walked into the reception area I felt like I had been transported back in time to a quaint caribbean plantation. The decor is beautiful and the owner and his entire staff warm and friendly. Four of us in the group shared the Garden Studio (#117) and the other two stayed in a garden studio (#103) - both accomodations were tastefully decorated and comfortable. True we were across the street from the runway but the flights are not that frequent and stop at 9:30 pm. It was actually fun watching the planes land and take off. And the gorgeous beach on Simpson Bay is right there. We ate dinner that evening in their Tides Bar and Lounge. The fresh breeze and hearing the waves on the beach was very relaxing and the skyline view of Philipsburg in the distance was spectacular. And the food was incredible - I ordered the Garlic Shrimp with Mushroom Risotto and it was amazing. Another person in our party had the Rib Eye steak - cooked perfectly and so tender. Everyone else said their food was delicious too. Staying at Mary's Boon was a perfect way to end our vacation. I hope to return someday...

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Doswell, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

We were scheduled to stay at Mary's Boon for 5 nights. The drive to the resort is enough to frighten anyone. People living in their cars, drug deals, prostitutes. Didn't even feel safe leaving the rental car, which coincidentally, they would not even give us one with hubcaps! The pool was dirty, the sidewalks uneven and broken, and the fountain wasn't functional. We asked to see our room. The smell of mold was overwhelming. The kitchenette was dirty. Called travel agent and demanded to be moved ASAP. I would NEVER stay here. The view is breathtaking but it is ever where on the island. Personal safety is foremost.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Hamburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

The hotel is located on a wonderful beach (nb: not next to a beach, ON the beach) that is nice for swimming and relaxation. It's a public beach, but hardly anyone comes by here, so the athmosphere is very private. Massages or dining on the beach are possible.

The hotel staff is extremely friendly. They don't just treat you like a guest, but like a friend. I travel a lot, but no other hotel managed to make me feel so at home as the Mary's Boon does.

If you are into aviation, the rooftop offers some unique views on the runway, that is right next to the hotel. Unless you are extremely sensitive to noise, this is not a problem, though, as there are no night movements at St. Maarten.

I've stayed at the Boon for the second time this year, and I am guaranteed to come back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Mary's Boon Beach Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!