Upon entering my room at this 'resort' I discovered the blinds were broken and the interior of the room was visible from outside. Maintenance arrived to assist me about an hour and four calls later, but the blinds completely fell apart when he tried to fix it. I was transferred to a room in the basement of the main house where they keep their storage supplies for the kitchen. I almost had to climb over boxes to get to my room. Forbearingly, I decided to get a drink at the bar followed by a stroll on the beach, however, no one was available to serve me a drink. Luckily, someone passed and casually mentioned that it was ok to 'take a drink and record your usage on the stock sheet near the chiller'. Confused, I got my drink and headed to the beach with my camera in hand. To my horror, I was chased into the ocean by a dog (camera in hand) while a manager looked on unconcerned. I later found out that the dog was the resident pet. (I love dogs and don't mind them having one as a resident charm, but I was severely shocked that he was aggressive enough to attack their guests without receiving a word of apology from the management or staff). As if that was not enough, this hotel borders the airport and sleep is impossible with an active airport such as Princess Juliana Airport.
Oh..and on my way to the first room, I crossed over a dead roach...almost like an omen of all that was to follow.
- Also Known As:
- Mary`s Boon Beach Hotel
- Mary`s Boon Beach Hotel Simpson Bay
- Marys Boon Beach Plantation Hotel
- Mary's Boon Beach Resort And Spa St Maarten-St Martin/Simpson Bay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WELCOME TO MARY'S BOON BEACH PLANTATION - Hotel / SPA recently under new management since November 2012 and now busy updating the entire property and rooms. Please note that must of the room photo's you see online have not yet been updated to show the new rooms. The owners and staff of Mary's Boon Beach Plantation invite you to experience the magic of our historic hotel on the beautiful island of St. Maarten. A true Caribbean style hotel with all the compforts you expect and in operation since the early 70's. This intimately run St. Maarten Small Hotel is tucked away from the crowds, earning Mary's Boon the soubriquet, “St Maarten's Little Secret”. Located on a beautiful three-mile beach Mary’s Boon is conveniently near to the action. Great shopping, dining, night life and outdoor activities can be found close by, while affording guests a private haven to return to at the end of each day.If all you want to do is to while away hours in the sun, then Mary's Boon has all the elements to ensure a relaxing break away from the bustle of everyday life. The Hotel offers several types of accommodations, from the very budget minded economy rooms to 1 bedroom beachfront suites and amenities include The Tides Restaurant, bar service is from morning to late evening, and a swimming pool is just step away from your room. Lovely tropical gardens and all situated on one of the islands’ best beaches. Mary's Boon, a classic Caribbean destination, provides a unique Island experience that has something for everyone! It's the NEW Mary's Boon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Mary's Boon Beach Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.