We only stayed for one night (May 30th) - wish we could have stayed longer. After sailing for a week we needed a place to stay close to the airport before catching a plane home in the morning. When we walked into the reception area I felt like I had been transported back in time to a quaint caribbean plantation. The decor is beautiful and the owner and his entire staff warm and friendly. Four of us in the group shared the Garden Studio (#117) and the other two stayed in a garden studio (#103) - both accomodations were tastefully decorated and comfortable. True we were across the street from the runway but the flights are not that frequent and stop at 9:30 pm. It was actually fun watching the planes land and take off. And the gorgeous beach on Simpson Bay is right there. We ate dinner that evening in their Tides Bar and Lounge. The fresh breeze and hearing the waves on the beach was very relaxing and the skyline view of Philipsburg in the distance was spectacular. And the food was incredible - I ordered the Garlic Shrimp with Mushroom Risotto and it was amazing. Another person in our party had the Rib Eye steak - cooked perfectly and so tender. Everyone else said their food was delicious too. Staying at Mary's Boon was a perfect way to end our vacation. I hope to return someday...
- Also Known As:
- Mary`s Boon Beach Hotel Simpson Bay
- Mary`s Boon Beach Hotel
- Marys Boon Beach Plantation Hotel
- Mary's Boon Beach Resort And Spa St Maarten-St Martin/Simpson Bay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WELCOME TO MARY'S BOON BEACH PLANTATION - Hotel / SPARecently under new management the owners and staff of Mary's Boon Beach Plantation invite you to experience the magic of our historic hotel on the beautiful island of St. Maarten. A true Caribbean style hotel with all the compforts you expect and in operation since the early 70's. This intimately run St. Maarten Small Hotel is tucked away from the crowds, earning Mary's Boon the soubriquet, “St Maarten's Little Secret”. Located on a beautiful three-mile beach Mary’s Boon is conveniently near to the action. Great shopping, dining, night life and outdoor activities can be found close by, while affording guests a private haven to return to at the end of each day.If all you want to do is to while away hours in the sun, then Mary's Boon has all the elements to ensure a relaxing break away from the bustle of everyday life. The Hotel offers several types of accommodations, from the very budget minded economy rooms to 1 bedroom beachfront suites and amenities include The Tides Restaurant, bar service is from morning to late evening, and a swimming pool is just step away from your room. Lovely tropical gardens and all situated on one of the islands’ best beaches. Mary's Boon, a classic Caribbean destination, provides a unique Island experience that has something for everyone! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, EasyToBook, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Mary's Boon Beach Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.