Ron and I spent 7 magical days and 6 unforgettable nights at the Horny Toad Guest House in St. Maarten. This was our first time to the island and to the Horny Toady, and it will not be our last. Our Honeymoon could not have been more perfect! Betty and her husband were incredibly welcoming, and surprised us on our one week anniversary with a cold bottle of champagne and flowers. The other guests were very friendly, and after a deep sea fishing adventure, Ron and I enjoyed sharing our catch of the day with the group at their daily gathering. The room had everything we needed, the cleaning staff did an excellent job, the views of the beach were priceless, and we will definitely be recommending the Horny Toad to all of our friends!
- Also Known As:
- Horny Toad Guest House Hotel Simpson Bay
- Horny Toad Guest House Hotel
- Horny Toad Guest House St Maarten-St Martin/Simpson Bay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Horny Toad is a deliberately small and distinctive guesthouse known for its congenial and unpretentious atmosphere. The original building is a former governor's house tastefully renovated into spacious, fully-equipped apartments. Each of the eight apartments is delightfully different, displaying a personality of its own. All rooms have fully-equipped kitchens, king size beds, complete baths with shower, and daily maid service. Fresh flowers are arranged in the units every day. The guesthouse is on the beach and provides beach chairs, towels and floats. An outdoor barbecue pavilion with two Weber gas grills, table and hammock allow you to enjoy dining beach-side. Simpson Bay beach is a beautiful, uncrowded mile-long beach - just a few steps from each apartment - great for walking, swiming and sunbathing.The Toad has been awarded Fodor's Choice Award each year including the most recent in 2012. They called us the "island's best value" on the Dutch side of St Maarten.This is a No Smoking property. No children under seven years of age, please. We can arrange to have a rental car for your use and stock your unit with food before arrival upon request. There is free high-speed WiFi in all the units and a complimentary computer with internet access and printer in the business center/reception area. Free gated parking on the property. Grocery stores, French bakery, shops and multiple restaurants are within a 5-6 block walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Horny Toad Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.