“Dive Safaris - top of the line” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: We, Henry en Helmie together with our staff, offer you the best diving experience of Sint Maarten.You may be experiencing diving for the first time or you may want start a professional diving carreer.We offer:PADI Dive CoursesDive Courses, from start in our swimming pool to finish in the ocean!Shark Awareness DiveShark Diving, meet the masters of the sea in a friendly way.Boat DivingBoat Diving, we'll take you places you've never dreamed of!and many more
Huntingtown, Maryland
6 attraction reviews
“Dive Safaris - top of the line”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I have been traveling to St. Martin for 16 years and Dive Safaris by far is the best SCUBA operation on the island. There team is knowledgeable, customer focused, and safe. There ability to find interesting fish (frog fish/stone fish) provides the diver with an adventerous and photographic trip. My husband and I recently made 27 dives with this company and I want to thank Bally, John, and Amy for their attention to detail and personalized service.
The Shark dive was a photographic prize. Thanks to Fab and Mike for the opportunity to interact with the wonderful sharks. This dive shop actively participates in efforts to protect the sharks from fisherman and those who prey on them.

Winchester, Virginia, United States
“Best place to learn to dive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I went to the Carribean for the first time, and tried snorkeling. I was hooked and wanted to try diving, but did not have much time left on my vacation. There is a Discover SCUBA Diving (DSD) course offered by PADI, and the shop is a certified PADI site. All of the staff are excellent divers and teachers, who are both professional and fun. They recognize that while vacationers want to have a good time, they also want to have a safe one, too. As luck would have it, I was the only DSD student on the boat (there were 3 concurrent classes, with 3 instructors) so I had a one-on-one instructor. Jonathan Halpin was superb. When he saw that I was struggling with a direct descent (it's a little more unnerving than I thought it would be) he was patient and creative with our dive approach, letting me practice the breathing with the regulator skill a little longer, and then easing down slowly to look at some fish, etc. before I knew it we were down 30 feet, and I wasn't scared. A great introduction to SCUBA diving.

The other two instructors, John and ?(sorry don't remember) were also great. I finished earlier than the other two courses (which was fine, I snorkeled and swam) and had a chance to watch them with their classes. Professional and careful to maintain everyone's safety.

John's course was a multi-day rescue diver class. While there was some joking on the way to the dive site, once there, John was extremely focused on making sure his students learned all the steps, even the ones that seem obvious. As a CPR instructor myself, his attention to detail was great to see.

The 3rd class was a multi-day initial certification class. Again the attention to detail and safety was clear to see.

Finally, the boat captain, Bali, also a dive instructor, was one more set of eyes on the students.

I can't say enough what a great experience I had with this shop and crew. Thank you all!

New Haven, Connecticut
“Took great care of us”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

My friend had tried snorkeling and loved it so much that she wanted to try scuba. So, I found this shop, and they were kindly able to accommodate her for the discover scuba dive. I tagged along as a snorkeler and water-treader and an observer since I'm pretty sure I don't want to learn to dive. My friend was really lucky as she got to be one-on-one with her instructor, Jonathan, who was simply fantastic, very patient and reassuring. He is superb for the beginner diver. There were two other instructors as well who were also great. One of them, John, was a commercial diver with tons of experience. Lastly, there was Bali, who drove the boat and is a master diver himself. He and the others made me feel welcome even though I wasn't diving; I never felt as if I were in the way. It was a terrific outing with camraderie amongst the staff and guests that was extended to the Soggy Dollar Bar happy hour next door. Highly recommended.

Antigonish, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“shark awareness dive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

I joined Scuba Safari for 3 dives in May 2012. The service and equipment was great. The most special dive was the Shark Awareness dive which takes place on Fridays. They import a crazy Cannuck(Canadian), Mike as the Reef Shark feeder. He provided lots of shark facts and made me feel safe and informed durning the dive. Dive Masters Bali and John kept a close eye on our group and made the trip very memoriable. I would recommend this dive to any experienced diver as we saw 6 reef sharks feeding VERY upclose during our 50 minute dive. All in all the most awesome of my 41 dives.

Billings, Montana
“WOW Great Experience - Completed my Open H20 Dives with John - Excellent Instruction”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

I had completed my confined water dives and need the open water dives to get my PADI certification. I was a bit nervous being new to diving and the ocean in general, however John help me through each phase, help me build confidence and it was a GREAT experience, mainly one on one training. The reef and ship wreck dives are a treasured memory. Thanks John and Dive Safaris!