“Nice waterfront location in Simpson Bay Resort” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Guilford,CT
“Nice waterfront location in Simpson Bay Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

My husband and I just came from dinner. Waiter was attentive. My husbands beef tenderloin was very good as was my shrimp and scallop combo. Slim pickings for dessert- only 2 choices, but would recommend. They also had live entertainment, a guitarist, who was very good.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
The Villages, Florida
“Good Food and Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Very good meals. The first night that we dined, we had just arrived on St. Maarten and were looking for a good meal and convenience. Located in the same building as our room, it could not be more convenient. The Stone has a small indoor dining area and a patio dining area overlooking Simpson Bay. We opted to dine inside. My girlfriend ordered the 10oz Ribeye Steak with Seared Foie Gras and Red Wine Sauce that came with mixed vegetables and a salad on the same plate. I had the Farmer Combination: two Beef Fillets (3 oz each), Duck Breast and Flank Steak with Seared Foie Gras. Normally this dish comes with red wine sauce and mushroom sauce. However, because I am on a low carb diet, the owner had the chef prepare sautéed mushrooms in place of the sauces which was excellent. I also had grilled asparagus. My girlfriend and I shared a large bottle of water.
The waiter advised us to order the meat 1 step less cooked that what we desire. We both preferred our meat medium rare so we ordered the meats rare. This is because the meats are brought to the table on a hot stone and continue to cook in front of you as you eat. The food was delicious and it was fun eating the meat off of the hot stone. I especially enjoyed the beef fillet.
While we were there the owner told us of the Monday night lobster special. This consisted of a 1.75 Lb lobster with 2 sides for $39.00 U.S. We also enjoyed the lobster dinner. The food service was good, but it got busy while we were eating and it took about 10 to 15 minutes to get our check. Overall, we enjoyed the Stone and recommend it. Before the tip the first meal was $80.00 and second meal was $83.00. The Stone does not include a service charge (tip) in their bill. We visited on May 13th and 14th 2013.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Burlington, Vermont
“Very Slow Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Went on a Friday night with my wife, Daughter and family and my grandaughter. We had a reservation and, when we arrived, we were brought to a picnic table. There were no place settings and no table cloth (which all of the other tables had). We finally asked the waiter if we were going to get one and he obliged but his associate, the waitress, rolled her eyes when it arrived. The food was good. I had the lobster, we also had the filet, chicken, talapia and a burger and the fundue as appitizer. The food was all done nicely. The sides were not so good. I had the truffle pureed pototoes and they were very dry. My wife had the sweet potatoes, which were not much better. The others had salads which looked good. The price was high (and we all ordered from the "light" menu) and the food was good but the restaurant was very short handed and that theme seems to run all through these reviews. The atmosphere was ok - just some tables on the beach.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
maryland
“Food is good, service severely lacking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Went there on a Monday evening. Restaurant was not full or crowded. The two waiters walked back and forth basically ignoring me as I stood there and tried to get seated. I gestured to one waiter and he basically shooed me off. So we just stood and waited and finally the female waitress came up to me and told us to sit anywhere. We picked a table and the waitress cleaned it for us. When we were ready to order, a man came to take the order, the same one who shooed us earlier. We asked for water and he took a while and just seemed like he had a bad attitude. When the food came, my fish was raw and I asked for it to be cooked more and he said no. We went back and forth and finally he bought me a hot stone to put it on to cook further. Needless to say, a waiter who argues with customers is not what you would want or expect on vacation especially when you are paying for the meal. He said his name was Wallie. He was a terrible waiter and I would never eat there again because of his terrible attitude and the fact he didnt want to cook the food to my satisfaction.

Aside from the terrible waiter and the lackluster service, the food is good and the prices are decent. I guess if you can avoid the terrible service, you should like the restaurant.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Salisbury, North Carolina
“Slow start but made up for it ten times over”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Arrived Friday night at Stone for our 7:15 reservation that I had made after seeing reviews. I made the online through the website off trip advisor. Reservations were confirmed through email. I had picked this restaurant solely from the reviews on trip advisor. Any way my husband, sister and brother in law show up ...and no reservation. The place was very busy. However, the maitre d' couldn't have been nicer or more apologetic and told us to come back the next night which we did. And so glad we came back. Food was to die for. I ordered the small filet off the light menu, and my husband had the burger. Both were exceptional. My sister had steak off grande menu and loved it as well. Her husband had the combo with three meats and said it was killer. A little pricey but worth it. The atmosphere was so beautiful looking over the marina and coul see lightening in the far distance over the ocean. All in all a wonderful experience and so glad we came back. The maitre d was there and very kind and gave great service as did the other woman who was helping him. They were very busy and we had a little wait but understandable. I will go back again and hopefully again this week!

Visited May 2013