“Not sure what these people were expecting” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
New York City, New York
“Not sure what these people were expecting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

...but its a chicken and ribs joint in the caribbean and as far as that goes it's adequate for the job. Is it the best, absolutely not, is it terrible, no. I will say that many of these brick and mortar lolo restos in st. Maarten simply apply fire to meat and then expect you to season it with matouk's hot sauces and bbq sauce, which is what this place does. The meat itself is ok, not great, but the atmosphere is the attraction, especially on the weekends with live music and dancing and an array of island characters and sunburned mouthy tourists traipsing to and fro. I enjoyed the place overall but dont expect gourmet food, its a bbq lolo joint with drinks and music, it doesnt pretend to be anything else. If you want value, go to a lolo on any beach on the island and even then some of them arent great values.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

granbury, texas
“Horrible top to bottom”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Just left. I had the mixed seafood plate- oh wait they were out of one the 3 fish- and one of the 'grilled' fish was so burnt I asked for another piece. And I am a person who hasn't sent a dish away in,like, 15 years. I will eat anything!If this were normal restaurant world, the waitress would take away the burnt piece and bring back a replacement. Instead, I got the manager (with glasses) who ARGUED with me that my fish was not overcooked!! Dude, I cook fish at home and that was BLACK and indelible! You know, if Denny's burns your toast, they will bring you another piece of toast. If Lee's burns your $25 fish? They gave us a free Coke....
And the rest of the menu is overpriced,mediocre with service that comes around every 30 minutes.
The lobsters advertised @ $19.95 per lb are spiny lobsters, not Main, and most in the tank are 2+ lbs so good luck picking thru that nonsense.
AVOID.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I was a bit disappointed with my coconut shrimp here. Maybe I should have tried BBQ but I really wanted fish for my last dinner in St. Maarten. Plantains were good for a side dish. The veggies were just a frozen steamed broccoli, carrot and cauliflower mixture. Based on reviews from others at my resort, I had high expectations.

Visited May 2013
Santa Barbara, California
“OK Food - Great Location - High Prices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We ate at Lee's Roadside Grill thinking it was going to be a bit more rustic, but it turned out to be a big bar and restaurant. The location is good and the views of the bay are fantastic out the back of the restaurant. The service was steady, and the food was average to above average. I thought the prices were a bit too high. I had the chicken and ribs combo. The chicken was good but the ribs were a little over-done and devoid of meat. The sides were above average and quite good. One interesting thing about this restaurant is that there are huge fish hanging out at the back of the restaurant at the dock. We asked and they are Tarpon fish. I would guess they are up to 6 feet long and possibly over 50 pounds? We fed them a little and took lots of pictures of them. They are quite a spectacle!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Amazing Grilled Snapper”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We go to Lee's at least three or four times during our three week stay in St. Maarten every year. The food is great and the service is good. They have good music that we love to dance too. Mrs. Lee always comes over to give us a personal greeting and welcome us back to St. Maarten. The grilled snapper is the best and the food is always fresh. Lees is our first stop for dinner in St. Maarten

• Visited April 2013