“YUK, YUK,YUK Avoid at any cost! Bad Service, Bad Food” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #33 of 85 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We have the best ribs in the world, they are BAAAD TO THE BONE!!! Live music with Miek Miek mondays. Happy Hour from 4pm - 6pm. We serve Guavaberry and various drinks with their Liqueur.
CT USA
“YUK, YUK,YUK Avoid at any cost! Bad Service, Bad Food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We were going to Lee's when we walk by this restaurant. The manager of Harbour Yuk tried to entice us in and as we continued to Lee's he gave my wife a discount coupon. Lee's didn't look much better so we returned to Harbour YUK. We ordered three different meals from the waitress and she gave us water and nothing else as we sat for 45 minutes without the waitress ever returning. We finally complained and waited for another 15 minutes. The food finally arrived and that was the worsed part.
My wife's fish was still raw and had to be returned for cooking, my fish was different and it was dried out and had a meat flavor, cooked on the same grill as some kind of meat, my daughter got the coconut shrimp and there were 6 tiny shrimp covered with big globs of floured something. The meals came with their standard rice and peas and they weren't any good either. We left 70% of our meals as they were basically inedible.

The bill total with the discount was $56. All we had was our glasses of water that were never refilled, and nothing else to drink and no desert.

It was so bad, that this is the first review I have ever written.

Later we were told that Lee's isn't any better.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
New York City, New York
“The worst meal I've ever had on the island...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Service was lousy... But the host who greeted us with his teeth missing should have been the first clue. Second clue, the place was empty. Party of two, our order got screwed up. The steak was ordered medium well. Came out screaming bloody murder. Sent it back, it took 10 minutes and came back exactly the same biput with a saltier taste. Now while this is all happening we have a clear view of the kitchen & they are using their bare hands to grab the food from one dish & just slop it on a new dish. Anyway, the steak was fatty & indelible. The mahi mahi tasted bland & not fresh like other fish restaurants. This was just horrible all around...

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“the best ribs on the island”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My wife and I ate her twice this holiday and had the ribs both times. For my money, these are the best ribs on the island and we have tried a bunch. The Harbour Queen does a great job and if they could get the service to match the food, this place would be a killer. It's not bad service, just erratic at best...... Sometimes it seems their own conversations are way more important than looking after the customers. When they are looking after you, the servers seem to be very good, they just seem to get distracted and move to their own drummer more often than maybe you would like to see.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
DC Metro
“Best Coconut Shrimp Ever”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

While the waitress seemed very unhappy with life, the service was acceptable. The food even better. The coconut shrimp were so good I had to stop myself from licking the plate!!!!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Wayne
“Bring Cash”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

The food was good but be aware that if you don't bring cash to pay there will be a problem. They still do not have their credit card machine fixed. When my husband and I were presented with the check we gave them our debit card. The server returned and said their credit card machine was not working. The owner then came over to the table and offered to go to the ATM with my husband. How weird is that? We ended up using our cash to pay the bill. This should have been on the sign outside the restaurant before entering! I am sure they don't advertise this because they will lose business.

• Visited August 2012