“Just a fun place” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #35 of 78 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Open air dining - restaurant surrounds a fresh-water swimming pool featuring two water-falls and beautifully lit palm trees.
Chicopee, Massachusetts
“Just a fun place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My sister and I thought we'd try out Jimbo's one night as we both love Mexican food. The atmosphere is truly awesome with different seating levels and a small lagoon in the middle just behind the bar. Ray, the bartender, couldn't be more accommodating. He will make your Margarita just the way you want it and having grown up on St. Maarten, he's very helpful with any information about the island.
The food is good, I wouldn't say it's authentic Mexican, but very tasty. They've put a different twist on their quesadillas by adding goat cheese which made it a bit lighter then your standard quesadilla dish and the beans & rice side dish, I thought, was excellent. The beans have a smokiness which I found to be very refreshing.
Jimbo is the type of host you'd expect at every restaurant. Very cheerful and happy, he goes to each and every table and greets his customers, making sure that their dinning experience is a great one. He has some great stories to tell as he's been just about everywhere in the world.
The only down side to our visits (as we went again another night) was the hostess who thinks she looks like Rihanna (with the attitude to go with it). She was a bit sharp upon our arrival (both times) and not very friendly.
All in all, we were really happy with our visit to Jimbos and will go back on our next trip to St. Maarten.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Huntsville, Alabama
“Not worth it.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

The food is overpriced and quite bland. I had the chicken fajitas and was very disappointed. Didn't taste very good in fact tasted like the chicken was freezer burned.

We won't be back.

Visited October 2013
Jimbololo, Owner at Jimbo's, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Hi there - don't know what happened the night you were at "Jimbo's" but I do apologize and would love to make it up to you - please give us another try and ask for me - I'll make sure your experience of service and food will be the good quality that Jimbo's is normally known for.

Jimbo
Louisville, Ohio
“Great atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We had a great dinner but not much better than Don Pablos in the states. I guess I just expected more. The restaurant was great all outdoors.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Best ribs and tacos going!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

On the lagoon side in Simpson Bay, Jimbos is a don't miss!
The tacos supreme and baby back ribs are to die for. Plenty of other choices, both Mexican as well as seafood and the prices are easy on the wallet.

Visited November 2013
Bowie, Maryland
“Wonderful ! ! !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We ate dinner there on my visit with friends in August. We came prepared with our bug repellant so we weren't bothered too much my mosquitos. The food and atmosphere were great. Prices were good and the portions and drinks were adequate. In fact, some of us had doggie bags! I can't wait to go there again on my next visit.

• Visited August 2013