I researched this property well here on Tripadvisor as well as other sites. All the reviews were good, and rightfully so. I stayed in the Deluxe Garden Suite which was exactly as advertised. I didn't like that there is only 1 bathroom for 2 bedrooms, but I knew that before I booked it. Otherwise, the room is fine. The bed in the master wasn't that comfortable, but the bed in the smaller bedroom was very nice. The futon is just ok. All the appliances worked well, as did the AC in every room. The location is excellent. Simpson Bay is really uncrowded and the beach is great. The water was clean and calm, and we spent days on the beach and in the water. The beach is soft sand (no rocks or shells). There is quite a bit of topless sunbathing that takes place on the beach and even in front of the hotel so be advised if that bothers you. There is a small store one block away that has basics, and a larger grocery store about 7 minutes walking. There is also a small pharmacy on the way to the big store. Between the three, they had everything we wanted and needed. Walking further down the main road, you will find a number of restaurants within a reasonable walk. Walking even further down across the bridge there are more restaurants and a casino or two. There are numerous bars and nightclubs along the main road before and after the bridge. There are also two adult entertainment establishments within walking distance if you are interested. When the sun is out it is HOT, and walking becomes a problem. We ended up renting a car for 3 days to explore the island and move around locally more easily and comfortably. The French side of the island is interesting, especially the beaches and the town of Grand Case. I didn't like Philipsburg at all on the Dutch side. Also, the hotel is right next to the end of the runway, and the plan noise can be extremely loud when the jets and expecially the jumbo jets fly by. I like planes, but others didn't seem as thrilled as I was when the big planes went by. They start at around 800AM and stop around sundown. All in all we had a wonderful time and enjoyed the hotel very much. The one big, huge detraction is the major construction project going on right next door. They are building a hotel or condos and the sawing and hammering starts at 730AM every day. It woke us up. The construction noise also bothered me while I was on the beach. Also, there were cement trucks and construction trucks in the street a number of times which delayed us a little. I would suggest that if you are sensitive to noise or like to sleep in, you should pass on this property until the construction is done.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Azure is family owned/ operated boutique hotel on the most spectacular/ uncrowded beach on Saint Martin. Completely renovated. Watersports, marinas, restaurants, casinos, bars, shops all within walking distance. White sand beach, crystal clear water, the world's biggest mega yachts within a stone's throw. Kitchens, US satellite TV, AC. FREE WIFI, FREE INTERNATIONAL CALLS (most countries), FREE CELL PHONE USE,concierge. Lounges with umbrellas on the beach. Let us plan your activities. Our friendly staff will make sure you have everything you need! Azure for sure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere, Tingo and Travelocity so you can book your The Azure Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azure Beach Studios Hotel Simpson Bay
- The Azure Hotel St Maarten-St Martin/Simpson Bay