My wife and I just returned from St. Maarten and Anguilla for our honeymoon. In St. Maarten we stayed at the Azure in Simpson Bay and Mike was an absolutely wonderful host, I use the word base camp to describe the Azure because we really spent most of our time exploring the island with the rental car Mike arranged for us. While at the hotel we experienced personal, high quality service, a clean room, AMAZING view of the beach from our room, and the most detailed advice of how to best enjoy our stay on the island. Mike may be the owner but he gave the best concierge service of any hotel I have ever stayed at. My wife even got a little sick during the trip and Mike not only recommended and set us up to see a doctor (better experience than seeing a Dr. in the US using health insurance by the way) but he gave us some fresh herbs from his garden for my wife to use which relieved her symptoms in the meantime. Mike was extremely personable, the hotel staff was very helpful, the location on the beach was awesome, it was convenient to just about everything in Simpson Bay and was the most affordable part of our trip. I would definitely go back as I felt like I was being hosted as an honored guest at someone's home more than I felt like I was a guest of a stuffy hotel. For the Azure, that was a great feature. I didn't get one bad recommendation from Mike and this was an excellent choice for my wife and I. I also have a bad back and Mike and his staff switched out the bed for me less than 40 minutes after being made aware of the situation allowing me to have a more restful sleep during our stay. The level of service provided by the hotel staff was also great. They did a great job cleaning the room and even did our dishes! Mike greeted us with a lovely honeymoon gift and even sent us away with a lovely honeymoon gift. I cant say enough great things about the Azure. Thanks so much Mike for making our honeymoon on St. Maarten such a wonderful experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Azure is family owned/ operated boutique hotel on the most spectacular/ uncrowded beach on Saint Martin. Completely renovated. Watersports, marinas, restaurants, casinos, bars, shops all within walking distance. White sand beach, crystal clear water, the world's biggest mega yachts within a stone's throw. Kitchens, US satellite TV, AC. FREE WIFI, FREE INTERNATIONAL CALLS (most countries), FREE CELL PHONE USE,concierge. Lounges with umbrellas on the beach. Let us plan your activities. Our friendly staff will make sure you have everything you need! Azure for sure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia and Despegar.com so you can book your The Azure Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azure Beach Studios Hotel Simpson Bay
- The Azure Hotel St Maarten-St Martin/Simpson Bay