We stayed at the Azure for 4 nights in April and loved it. We stayed in room #3 which was spacious and had a fully equipped kitchen, however we only used the refrigerator and coffee maker for the most part. The room itself is not on the water, but opens up to a nice courtyard and is then only a few steps to the beautiful beach, which suited us just fine.
The room was clean and well taken care of....often places this close to the beach we have found to be in second rate condition due to the corrosion and sand as a result from being so close to seawater, so we appreciated the extra effort put into this resort to keep the place looking so nice. The bed was comfy, linens were and towels were above average quality and the bathroom was typical of ones we find here in the US and had no "negative" surprises. On our next visit here, we'll bring a nightlight to plug in here to aid when using the bathroom in the middle of the night without turning on the normal light, which always seems so bright at 3am.....we just forgot to pack one this trip.
The location became more and more appreciated the longer that we stayed there. At first, being literally just off the runway of the airport was disconcerting, but as we travelled the island in our rental car we began to embrace our location with such fondness that we would not hesitate to stay here again. The planes stop flying at night, so there is no noise while you are sleeping, and during the day, it is nice to hear these sounds, especially after spending a day at the Sunset Bar and grill watching this spectacle for hours.
There is construction across the dirt road, but they don't start too early (we were always up, finished our morning coffee and were out exploring the island before they even started work) and stop long before sunset, so noise wasn't even a consideration for us. There are also several fans in the room that generate a nice "white" noise that muffles outside sounds. Not sure if it would work out if you like to sleep until noon, but it might. My wife knows that if I am asleep at noon, it's time to call the morgue.
There is ample parking on the road outside, and if you prefer, you can park within the unlocked gate that leads you into the resort. We always just parked on the road and had no problems. I say some posts saying that it was a nice walk to the Sunset Bar.....I wouldn't want to walk it myself. We were glad to have our rental car. Empress Car Rental was a delight to use. If you rent a car here, I would strongly recommend these guys.
Michael is a super host and very accommodating. He pointed out several points of interest which we enjoyed visiting. He is such a down to earth sort of person, a delight to chat with. As I mentioned earlier, we would not hesitate staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Azure is family owned/ operated boutique hotel on the most spectacular/ uncrowded beach on Saint Martin. Completely renovated. Watersports, marinas, restaurants, casinos, bars, shops all within walking distance. White sand beach, crystal clear water, the world's biggest mega yachts within a stone's throw. Kitchens, US satellite TV, AC. FREE WIFI, FREE INTERNATIONAL CALLS (most countries), FREE CELL PHONE USE,concierge. Lounges with umbrellas on the beach. Let us plan your activities. Our friendly staff will make sure you have everything you need! Azure for sure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your The Azure Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azure Beach Studios Hotel Simpson Bay
- The Azure Hotel St Maarten-St Martin/Simpson Bay