“Amazing you must go there” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Trumbull, Connecticut
“Amazing you must go there”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Its about the most amazing place to eat on the Island of St Maarten. The best service and you must try their homemade rum and their steak. Great selection of wines as well. Very beauitifull place it may be hard to find but once you get there you will be amazed...

• Visited August 2012

87% Recommend
Greenville, SC
“Exceptional Service at La Cigale”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I couldn't have been more pleased by the personal attention my husband and I received at La Cigale in St. Martin. The waiter that we had knocked himself out to make sure we enjoyed our food and beverage. He made excellent suggestions and then personally checked to make sure we liked everything. The food was very good but the exceptional service was what spoke to me. I would return in a minute.

The restaurant is not necessarily elegant but it does provide a certain ambience with its waterside dining and candle light. On the night we went, it was a bit overcast, but I'm certain that its location on a lagoon in Baie Nettle could provide a beautiful sunset. I would recommend this restaurant for a romantic dining experience, particularly during low season in St. Martin.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston
“Merci La Cigale!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

My boyfriend Carlos and I had a fantastic dinner while we were in St Maartin last week. I made reservations a couple of months in advance so as to procure one of their lovely lagoon side tables.
We were greeted with warmth and hospitality upon our arrival.
Olivier was our server, and one of the owners I believe. He was absolutely lovely. Informative, attentive without being pretencious. I left my selections in his capable hands and his choices were spot on.
We started with the Champagne Cocktail La Cigale and it was delicious!
The fois gras appetizer is to die for...folllwed by a duck dish and the their macaron for dessert.
We picked a lovely bottle of Bandol Rose and it was perfect.
This restaurant alone would be a reason to return to St Maartin!

Robbinsville, New Jersey
“Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We loved everything about La Cigale. First, the location is magical. I'm sorry I do not recall our waiters name but he described every dish with such flair it was difficult deciding what to order. We loved the escargot, and the duck (best duck EVER). All in all La Cigale is the perfect combination of atmosphere, cuisine, and service.

Chicago, Illinois
“Make this your special night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Le Cigale was the best meal of our trip to St. Martin and enough reason to return to this quaint island. The restaurant is small and intimate, reservation required and be sure to request a table on the beach--yes--on the beach surrounded by tiki torches. Every course was better than the next. I had the tuna tartar to start and the filet for main course. It was delicious and the morels sauce was a stand out. It is high end on price but felt it was money well spent and highly recommend you make this your "special" night out.