“Tourist Trap” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #44 of 62 restaurants in Marigot
“Tourist Trap”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Quaint looking restaurant in a good location but food is not good. I did not realize a restaurant could make grilled lobster bad, but they found a way. Very bland and almost like eating rubber and the wine was really bad. Host was interesting, but please try everything else first

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

53% Recommend
Annapolis, Maryland
“Pleasant little Marigot cafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We enjoyed a respite from shopping and walking around Marigot at L'Ahrawak Cafe across from the market. Our server was friendly and efficient. We enjoyed cold beers and tasty crepes. Nothing fancy, just a nice little cafe.

bye66

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Geneva, Illinois
“Try the mussels”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

The food was excellent, especially the crab cake appetizer and the mussels. We went on their first day open for the season, and everything went smoothly. Our waitress was wonderful.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Bad Food, Creepy Server”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Like a prior reviewer said...I had a bad feeling about this place.

We had a wonderful day in Anguilla (August 6th) and wanted to have a simple dinner in Marigot after a long day at the beach and traveling. We walked the strip and came to this place. How bad could a place with this location actually be? It is right near the ferry area on the main strip. A server saw us looking at the menu and told us confidently that we would love the food here and if we didn't like anything we wouldn't have to pay! Pretty bold stuff. He also told us that he would throw in a rum punch for good measure. I guess when you have to be sold this much, it is a bad thing. There was maybe three parties at this place during the whole time we were there. Very quiet night...

We were sat and promptly brought our thimble of rum punch. That was a great sip!

My wife ordered the lobster dish and I ordered a simple chicken club and a few beers. During this time, two French speaking men were sat right next to us and just couldn't take their eyes off of my wife (or maybe it was me) for the rest of our meal and night...

Our food was brought out and my wife's lobster meal smelled of fish and tasted awful. My meal was regular stuff and tasted fine. Standard pub food for $10. The lobster dish was $25+. Our server (a small little guy) came over and asked how the meal was. My wife told him the lobster didn't taste right and was very fishy. The server told us he sells 20-30 lobster meals each day and had never had a complaint! Ha. He took the plate away and asked if she wanted anything else, to which her appetite was trashed by the fishy lobster. She didn't want anything.

About 10-minutes go by and one of the French speaking gentleman began to laugh and look at us with the server. How pleasant. A moment or two later, our server stands at the other table and begins to show us how one of the French guys ate the same lobster meal and his plate was clean.

At this point, my wife stands up and leaves like any right thinking person would do and I wait for the bill. It was unnecessary, rude and done in poor taste.

And I wait...and I wait..and I wait. I guess the server is punishing us or something...

The two French guys and the server continue to speak French and simply stare at me until I get my tab. I review the charges and I see that the lobster meal was not taken off. What happened to the hard sell to start the night that if we didn't like the meal, we don't pay. Mind you, we had great meals throughout the island and are by no means "cheap".

My server never comes around and I have to track him down. I mention that the lobster meal was really bad, returned and exactly one bite was taken. He said that he took off my wife's soda for good measure. So I went up to pay from the owner/bartender and told him the story, to which he finally relented, taking the lobster meal off, and put back my wife's $2.00 Coke tab.

Avoid, avoid, avoid. This should be the last rated place in Marigot...

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Lunenburg, Massachusetts
“I had a bad feeling about this place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

It was lunchtime and this place was just about deserted, now I know why.
Kids ordered chicken nugget plate. My wife and I ordered crepes. We had less than 1hr to catch our tour bus back to our hotel.

Around 25-30 min later the kids nuggets arrived, they were very dark. My daughter bit into it and found it mushy. It was the lowest grade of bugget, like they serve at school cafeterias. A few minutes later my crepe arrived. It was decent sized, but had a pile of shredded lettuce with a very odd tasting salad dressing soaking 1/3 of the crepe. 5 minutes go by, 10 min goes by and my wife's crepe isn't here yet. We remind the waitress we haven't received it yet. "one more minute" was actually at least 5 min. When my wife finally got her meal she had less than 10min to eat.

Cost for the 4 of us was $55, a big disappointment for what we paid.

• Visited July 2012