“BDLG is Back” 5 of 5 stars

Brasserie de la Gare
Marina Royale | Phone: +590 590 51 13, Marigot, St Maarten-St Martin
Improve this listing
Cuisines: French
Description: Food is reasonably priced and open for breakfast lunch and dinner. The restaurant is on the marina where one can be entertained by the activities of the marina: the harbor master directed sailboats to their respective docks while we had lunch. The marina is a great place to watch people too. We had a lunch of ham/cheese/mushrooms folded in buckwheat pancakes that was excellent, perfectly paired with an ice cold rose. We were able to eat an early lunch at 11:30am, the flexibility of the service was a plus. We have been visiting St Martin for the past 20 years, have eaten at the brasserie often and were never disappointed. The restaurant serves, sandwiches, pizzas, light fares also has daily specials
San Marcos
“BDLG is Back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

In some other reviews I said we've been dining on the water at Marina Royal for years. This is the original place for us to gather and enjoy a great lunch of super crispy pizza as only the French can deliver. For a number of years BDLG just wasn't cutting it. I'm very glad to say that it is back to it old glory. Lunch or dinner, I don't think you will be able to get a bad meal at BDLG. Lovely staff, great setting, excellent food, what else can you say?

Mont Laurier, Canada
“Top value in Marigot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

We ate there last summer. We were on the Carnival dream.
It was rainy and only a few people got off the ship.
We decided to head for Marigo instead of the beach.
We found that restaurant by luck. It's in the inner harbor.
I had a nicoise salad and my wife a duck gizzard salad (her favorite) and a liter of wine for 35$
It was as good as you can get in Nice without the cost of the airline ticket.
In Marigot the Euro is on pair with the US$ as long as you pay cash. What a deal.
As a matter of fact we are flyng to St-Maarten tomorrow for a week. We will return to Brasserie de la Gare for sure.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Delightful Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

Stopped here on a whim while walking by when in St. Martin on stopover while on Oasis of the Seas. Had drinks to keep cool and ordered the carpaccio. It was excellent and served with the best 'pomme frites' I have had. Very crispy and not in the least oily. As always one expects super bread in a French restaurant and they definitely deliver. Lovely view and very congenial and attentive service. Although only had a small bite, the quality was excellent and I would like to go back for a full meal.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, AZ
“Good place to just stop in”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I normally eat alone and look for places that have a good view, good food, not too expensive and has friendly service. It has been awhile since I have been here and I plan to go again in April this year so I will update my review.
Food has always been good. I have gone in the daytime and evening. I do prefer the evening but avoid sunset. Great desserts and everything I have had, never had a complaint. I am a yearly traveler to St. Martin and restaurants come and go but this one has been around for sometime now. I hope it is still there when I go this year.

• Visited April 2011