My wife, 16 year old son, and I spent our March break week at this resort. The drive from the airport is about 15 minutes. The resort is located in a peaceful area of the island, with only few other hotels and a few restaurants in the area. If you are looking for relaxation, this is the place. It is based on Simpson Lagoon so the water on their small beach is very still. Walk across the road, and there is a very nice ocean beach (Baie Nettle) with 3 nice restaurants. We ate dinner at 2 of them - Dreams and Le Sand - both were excellent. The hotel restaurant/bar (Les Voiles) provided an excellent buffet breakfast each morning. We had a very nice dinner there our first night, and a couple of nights enjoyed some cocktails with the friendly bar staff.
With our rental car we found the location a good base point for exploring the rest of the island. Philipsburg/Maho area on the Dutch side was a short drive one way and Marigot and Grand Case were a short drive the other way. If it is your first time on this island, I recommend you make sure your rental car has a GPS, have one person as the dedicated navigator and another person focus on the driving. Some areas are challenging (eg. Marigot) but eventually you will get the hang of it getting around the island.
Our room was a 2 story loft unit with the bedroom/bathroom up in the loft and the main living room and full bath on the main floor. Our good sized balcony was equiped with a fridge/freezer - nice touch. We were facing the beach and lagoon. Newly renovated, very comfortable. Some have complained about the wifi, however it worked fine while we were there, even our 16 year old didn't complain.
We rented jet skis a couple of times from "Jet Extreme" a great facility on the hotel property - highly recommend them.
They are still renovating the grounds, continuing to add qwerky artwork and plants. Some more comfortable beach furniture would be a welcome improvement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its unique location on the west coast of the island, 5 km (3 miles) away from the French capital, Marigot, 7 km (4 miles) away from Juliana international airport and its surrounding nightlife - restaurants, bars, casinos - a walking distance from Baie Rouge, one of the most beautiful beaches on the island, 100 m away from Sandy Beach, the Hotel Mercure 4 Stars St Martin Marina & Spa welcomes you to paradise.The hotel: 172 rooms, a creoles tone in a modern atmosphere. From peaceful sunrises to warm sunsets, our restaurant/bar "Les Voiles" awaits you by the lagon. Its local, French as well as international cuisine, along with its exhaustive list of wines and cocktails will definitely know how to satisfy your senses. Seminaries, gathering, social events, three fully equipped rooms are ready to fulfill your needs.Might it be for leisure or business, at the Mercure Saint-Martin & Marina, everything has been thought of. Come and enjoy our private beach with palm and coconuts trees, our infinity pool (with a separate child's pool), relax yourself in our spa and train in our fitness room, tennis court or watersport club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Mercure St Martin and Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Simson Beach Saint-Martin Hotel Marigot
- Mercure Hotel Marigot
- Accor Hotel Marigot
- Mercure St Martin And Marina St Maarten-St Martin/Marigot