“Better than I could've imagined...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure St Martin and Marina

Save Saved
You added Mercure St Martin and Marina to your Saves list
Mercure St Martin and Marina
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Baie Nettle | BP 172, Marigot 97150, St Maarten-St Martin   |
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Marigot
Laguna Niguel, California, United States
“Better than I could've imagined...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This past July I went on vacation to the MERCURE St Martin & Marina, on my way there I was planning my vacation for the following summer in Spain.... After being at this dream resort for only a couple of days I had changed next year's vacation to three weeks at the MERCURE St Martin! The staff and the guests were so friendly and nice that the Mercure felt like home. The beautiful room remodels with non-stop A/C made it perfect. The beds were very comfortable and they kept the rooms super clean like I like;) The restaurant is on the water, but covered perfectly with fans overhead, it's hot! Then you look out over this dock to the water. It's great:) The pool has the same view, done. I loved the food, and I'm a very picky eater. They were able to find me great options and also, order the Chocolate Lava Cake! I'm currently working out now so I can eat extra 1s next summer.... Overall the MERCURE has found a place in my heart, I just love them and can not wait to be back there next year relaxing and being taken care of:)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Cheadle, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed fot 1 night courtesy of Air France pilots strike,not at all impressed with the hotel, put in room 254 no lifts no bell boy don't know how people on higher floors managed,had to buy water as it was not paid for by airline ,evening meal was set with no choice even offered to pay the extra and told NON ,breakfast was good buffet style,room was small air con was not turned on so room was about 30c ,fridge was also not on,no coffee in room.no shops near by you need a car and we had returned ours due to checking in at airport,would I stay here again not through choice it was lucky to get an average rating should really be poor

Room Tip: Lower floor because no lift in the block we were allocated
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is the third time I'm staying at the hotel and every single time my stay gets better than the last. The hotel is now renovated and the new rooms really add some flair to the hotel. The staff is friendly and is always looking to help you in everything they can. Every single member of the staff is always looking to give you the best time. The hotel also provides evening activities which sometimes consists of salsa night / karaoke/ poker. Also during the day you have zumba lessons and if all the activities are not enough for you they have a water sports facility where you can try to jetsky, watersky and if you are looking for something different flyboard ( you'll feel like ironman!) The hotel is right next to a lagoon where all these sports are practiced and the beach is just across the street.
The food of the restaurant is amazing, it's fresh and with the best ingredients, try their sirloin steak and goat cheese salad. If you really like sweets don't miss their tarte tatin and chocolate lava cake.
Can't wait to be back next year!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a lagoon view, you'll wake up to a gorgeous sunrise
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
I B, Directrice adjointe at Mercure St Martin and Marina, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Patty,

Thank you very much for this charming and encouraging message. We are happy to read that you enjoy every aspects of what the Hotel Mercure Saint Martin & Marina proposes and we are proud to count you as one of our loyal guests.

Understanding your profile picture right, we tell you see you next year... for the 2015 Summer Pole Dance Edition!

Thanks again

Nailsworth, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I spent three weeks it this hotel in July and it was amazing. The rooms were nice and clean and the aircon worked perfectly. All the staff were really helpful and friendly. There was a large variety of food and the most amazing chocolate lava cake.

I would highly recommend staying here to anyone looking for somewhere in St Martin.

Hopefully returning next year.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
I B, Directrice adjointe at Mercure St Martin and Marina, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Sally,

Thank you very much for this wonderful message! We are glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us and we are sure looking forward to seeing you again next year!

Sincerely yours

U.S.A.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We stayed at this hotel on August 17, 2014 for one night. Our room was old, depressing and smelly. It looked one level higher than a hostel. The food was not edible. We heard many complaints about this hotel from other guests. In one room we saw a cockroach going out from the room. If you want to enjoy from your stay in St. Martin - DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
I B, Directrice adjointe at Mercure St Martin and Marina, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Sir,

We find it hard to believe that you can post such an outrageous comment based on one single night.
This is unfair, this is insulting, and this does not even deserve a response.

The management
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

If you are looking for a place to relax in style in St. Martin - look no further! I booked one week and loved it so much, I stayed for two!! I can't say enough good things about the hotel and its' staff who work tirelessly to assure that my stay at the Mercure was an unforgettable one. From the newly renovated rooms, to the delicious French cuisine, and sophisticated spa and gym - this hotel is big enough to fulfil your needs and small enough to feel like home.

Previously in St. Martin I had stayed at a larger resort that lacked the charm, tranquility and beauty that can be found at the Mercure. Words can not express the attention to detail that is taken to weave the natural beauty of the island with modern art, lighting and construction. Day after day and night after night, I drank in the beauty and sophistication of my surroundings. I just got home and I'm already thinking about going back.

The Mercure is conveniently located only a 10 minutes drive from both Maho (and the airport) and Marigot. It is good to have a car, but if you don't want the stress, you can also trust the wonderful hotel driver Farhid to get you where you need to go.

My advice - go see it for yourself!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
I B, Directrice adjointe at Mercure St Martin and Marina, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Barbara,

Thank you very much for taking the time writing such a wonderful message! It is a real pleasure for us that your stay with us has happened to be such a nice experience and we are looking forward to welcoming you again anytime in the future.

Many thanks from the Mercure Team!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

A tremendous place to stay - staff welcomes you - and everyone's wonderful and goes the extra mike to make your stay memorable. Renovation is nearly done - and will make a great place a truly world class resort.
Looking forward to coming soon again!

Stayed July 2014
I B, Directrice adjointe at Mercure St Martin and Marina, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Henry,

Thank you very for taking the time commenting your last stay at the Mercure Saint-Martin Marina & Spa. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your time with us and are happy to confirm you that yes indeed, the final part of our renovation is almost over.

See you soon!

The Mercure Team

Been to Mercure St Martin and Marina? Share your experiences!