“A Taste of Paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure St Martin and Marina

You added Mercure St Martin and Marina to your Saves list
Mercure St Martin and Marina
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Baie Nettle | BP 172, Marigot 97150, St Maarten-St Martin   |
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Marigot
Toronto, Canada
“A Taste of Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

If you are looking for a place to relax in style in St. Martin - look no further! I booked one week and loved it so much, I stayed for two!! I can't say enough good things about the hotel and its' staff who work tirelessly to assure that my stay at the Mercure was an unforgettable one. From the newly renovated rooms, to the delicious French cuisine, and sophisticated spa and gym - this hotel is big enough to fulfil your needs and small enough to feel like home.

Previously in St. Martin I had stayed at a larger resort that lacked the charm, tranquility and beauty that can be found at the Mercure. Words can not express the attention to detail that is taken to weave the natural beauty of the island with modern art, lighting and construction. Day after day and night after night, I drank in the beauty and sophistication of my surroundings. I just got home and I'm already thinking about going back.

The Mercure is conveniently located only a 10 minutes drive from both Maho (and the airport) and Marigot. It is good to have a car, but if you don't want the stress, you can also trust the wonderful hotel driver Farhid to get you where you need to go.

My advice - go see it for yourself!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
I B, Directrice adjointe at Mercure St Martin and Marina, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Barbara,

Thank you very much for taking the time writing such a wonderful message! It is a real pleasure for us that your stay with us has happened to be such a nice experience and we are looking forward to welcoming you again anytime in the future.

Many thanks from the Mercure Team!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

A tremendous place to stay - staff welcomes you - and everyone's wonderful and goes the extra mike to make your stay memorable. Renovation is nearly done - and will make a great place a truly world class resort.
Looking forward to coming soon again!

Stayed July 2014
I B, Directrice adjointe at Mercure St Martin and Marina, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Henry,

Thank you very for taking the time commenting your last stay at the Mercure Saint-Martin Marina & Spa. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your time with us and are happy to confirm you that yes indeed, the final part of our renovation is almost over.

See you soon!

Mary Esther, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Stayed 5 nights there, and had a great time. Everybody form owner to staff did a great job, there is never a "no sir".

Room was great, new, tropical shower in the bathroom, excellent.

Breakfast in the marina is so peaceful and great. Never expected that charming level in a Mercure (this means: Mercure is allways a good choice, but that one exceeded our expectations by far).

Dinner was great, too (had a fresh grilled thuna).

Situated not far from the aiport but far away from all disturbing things outside, we call it a real catch with fair prices.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mary,

Thank you very much for this enchanting message! It is a real pleasure for us to read that you enjoyed your time at the Mercure Saint-Martin Marina & Spa. We hope we will have the chance to welcome you anytime again, maybe for a longer stay!

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I have spent two weeks in this wonderful vacation destination : Mercure hotel is a nice resort with a functional and spacious layout and with gardens full of tropical trees , flowers and lots of sculptures.
I have appreciated the hotel's location : a quiet area of the island ( Baie Nettlé ) on the French side , two minutes walk of the very clean Baie Rouge beach , good restaurants within walking distance , near the Dutch side and its tax free shops .
My renovated room was comfortable , spacious , calm , airy and with a balcony full of flowers and overlooking the pool and the gardens .
Staff were very professional , friendly and helpful , always smiling and quick to help : to provide tourist information and to direct to interesting places , to recommend activities available in the hotel or elsewhere ( snorkeling , diving and boat trips from the Mercure marina ) , to rent a car , to do shopping , to manage taxi rides to the airport…, specially the owners always inquiring about my needs .
Also great selection of food for breakfast , lunch and dinner with an amazing buffet ( I recommend the well prepared fish dishes) at the restaurant opened to the lagoon.
This hotel has a large sandy beach facing the lagoon with lounge chairs and hammocks under palm trees .
I have also enjoyed the daily activities organized by professionals in the large swimming pool , the gym and the spa as well as the evening entertainments .

Room Tip: rooms facing the lagoon or the gardens
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
I B, Directrice adjointe at Mercure St Martin and Marina, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time sharing your experience at the Hotel Mercure Saint-Martin Marina & Spa. We are pleased to read that you greatly enjoyed the two weeks vacation you spent with us, and are happy to inform you that the last part of our renovation is almost completed.

We hope we will welcome you soon again!

Kindest Regards

Rome
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I was sent to the Mercure when I missed a flight connection. Despite being pretty fed up about having to stay in St. Martin, I have to say that the Mercure made it a very pleasant experience. Staff were very friendly and helpful, the room was very nice, airy, calm and relaxing, very modern and well equipped, quiet and with a lovely view. The restaurant was superb, serving fresh, well prepared fish dishes (and others I assume, but I stuck to fish). Staff helpfully directed me to nearby locations where I could jog/walk and I had a very pleasant walk to and along an extensive beach. In the morning, despite a very early departure, I was invited to have breakfast before the scheduled time.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We are glad to read that despite missing your flight, you enjoyed your room and the fresh gastronomy of our restaurant, as well as the beauty surrounding the Hotel Mercure Saint-Martin Marina & Spa.

We hope we will welcome you for a longer stay.

Kindest Regards

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

This was our second visit to the Mercure, having just been there last November. We like that its kind of "out of the way" as its quiet at night, but still close enough to all the action (definitely rent a car - we get a small Hyundai, all in for about $200USD for the whole week). Again, breakfast is very good (Candice is exceptional at the restaurant), rooms are nice and clean and the resort itself is very pretty. We were told when we left last November to send an email letting them know when we would be coming back again and they would "do something special for us". When we arrived, we actually ended up in a street facing duplex and unfortunately, no upgrade was even offered (I did send the email and also advised the front desk when we arrived we were repeat guest). Honestly, I did not say anything when we got to our room as at this point I just want to start my vacation. There is traffic noise early in the morning that you can hear in your room, so I would definitely recommend the lagoon view, which is what we had last time.
We still had a great time but for the money we paid (much more then our last trip), we will be looking elsewhere for our next stay in November.

Room Tip: renovated duplex on lagoon side
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
I B, Directrice adjointe at Mercure St Martin and Marina, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Erin,

We thank you for taking the time sharing your experience with us. We are disapointed to read that your last vacation did not fully meet your expectations. As for the reservation, we do want to remind that you can ask for a lagoon view at the time of reservation, which we will do our best to provide depending on availability.

Kindest regards

The Mercure Team

Been to Mercure St Martin and Marina? Share your experiences!