“A perfect hidden spot...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure St Martin and Marina

Save Saved
You added Mercure St Martin and Marina to your Saves list
Mercure St Martin and Marina
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Baie Nettle | BP 172, Marigot 97150, St Maarten-St Martin   |
Offers & Announcements
€129 (EUR)
Ranked #1 of 10 hotels in Marigot
Mary Esther, Florida
“A perfect hidden spot...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

Stayed 5 nights there, and had a great time. Everybody form owner to staff did a great job, there is never a "no sir".

Room was great, new, tropical shower in the bathroom, excellent.

Breakfast in the marina is so peaceful and great. Never expected that charming level in a Mercure (this means: Mercure is allways a good choice, but that one exceeded our expectations by far).

Dinner was great, too (had a fresh grilled thuna).

Situated not far from the aiport but far away from all disturbing things outside, we call it a real catch with fair prices.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

130 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have spent two weeks in this wonderful vacation destination : Mercure hotel is a nice resort with a functional and spacious layout and with gardens full of tropical trees , flowers and lots of sculptures.
I have appreciated the hotel's location : a quiet area of the island ( Baie Nettlé ) on the French side , two minutes walk of the very clean Baie Rouge beach , good restaurants within walking distance , near the Dutch side and its tax free shops .
My renovated room was comfortable , spacious , calm , airy and with a balcony full of flowers and overlooking the pool and the gardens .
Staff were very professional , friendly and helpful , always smiling and quick to help : to provide tourist information and to direct to interesting places , to recommend activities available in the hotel or elsewhere ( snorkeling , diving and boat trips from the Mercure marina ) , to rent a car , to do shopping , to manage taxi rides to the airport…, specially the owners always inquiring about my needs .
Also great selection of food for breakfast , lunch and dinner with an amazing buffet ( I recommend the well prepared fish dishes) at the restaurant opened to the lagoon.
This hotel has a large sandy beach facing the lagoon with lounge chairs and hammocks under palm trees .
I have also enjoyed the daily activities organized by professionals in the large swimming pool , the gym and the spa as well as the evening entertainments .

Room Tip: rooms facing the lagoon or the gardens
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
I B, Directrice adjointe at Mercure St Martin and Marina, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time sharing your experience at the Hotel Mercure Saint-Martin Marina & Spa. We are pleased to read that you greatly enjoyed the two weeks vacation you spent with us, and are happy to inform you that the last part of our renovation is almost completed.

We hope we will welcome you soon again!

Kindest Regards

Rome
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I was sent to the Mercure when I missed a flight connection. Despite being pretty fed up about having to stay in St. Martin, I have to say that the Mercure made it a very pleasant experience. Staff were very friendly and helpful, the room was very nice, airy, calm and relaxing, very modern and well equipped, quiet and with a lovely view. The restaurant was superb, serving fresh, well prepared fish dishes (and others I assume, but I stuck to fish). Staff helpfully directed me to nearby locations where I could jog/walk and I had a very pleasant walk to and along an extensive beach. In the morning, despite a very early departure, I was invited to have breakfast before the scheduled time.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We are glad to read that despite missing your flight, you enjoyed your room and the fresh gastronomy of our restaurant, as well as the beauty surrounding the Hotel Mercure Saint-Martin Marina & Spa.

We hope we will welcome you for a longer stay.

Kindest Regards

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

This was our second visit to the Mercure, having just been there last November. We like that its kind of "out of the way" as its quiet at night, but still close enough to all the action (definitely rent a car - we get a small Hyundai, all in for about $200USD for the whole week). Again, breakfast is very good (Candice is exceptional at the restaurant), rooms are nice and clean and the resort itself is very pretty. We were told when we left last November to send an email letting them know when we would be coming back again and they would "do something special for us". When we arrived, we actually ended up in a street facing duplex and unfortunately, no upgrade was even offered (I did send the email and also advised the front desk when we arrived we were repeat guest). Honestly, I did not say anything when we got to our room as at this point I just want to start my vacation. There is traffic noise early in the morning that you can hear in your room, so I would definitely recommend the lagoon view, which is what we had last time.
We still had a great time but for the money we paid (much more then our last trip), we will be looking elsewhere for our next stay in November.

Room Tip: renovated duplex on lagoon side
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Erin,

We thank you for taking the time sharing your experience with us. We are disapointed to read that your last vacation did not fully meet your expectations. As for the reservation, we do want to remind that you can ask for a lagoon view at the time of reservation, which we will do our best to provide depending on availability.

Kindest regards

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Recently had a Jet Blue flight cancelled and was accommodated at Hotel Mercure in St Martin. All staff, including the owner were amazing! They worked very hard to make our otherwise unpleasant day of travel much better. On a moment's notice they prepared for 120 passengers. They put on a great dinner and breakfast and the food, service and accommodations were exceptional! Would highly recommend!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
I B, Directrice adjointe at Mercure St Martin and Marina, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Kathleen,

Thank you very much for this encouraging message. Those special "events" are always a challenge and we are proud each time to make it a success.

Hopefully we will have the pleasure to welcome you again under quieter circumstances!

Kindest regards,

Somerville, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

We had been staying at the Sonesta Grand Beach Resort for 5 nights, which I gave a terrible review. On the day of our departure, JetBlue had to cancel our flight due to a crack in the hydraulic system and we were bussed to the Mercure hotel until they (Jetblue), could reschedule a flight for all 120 of it's passengers. I can't tell you how surprised I was at how quickly the hotel staff stepped up to the plate and made each and every one of us feel welcome. The rooms were immaculate and beautifully presented with an uncluttered European feel. The view from our room was amazing as was both dinner and breakfast. And the best part of all was not only how friendly the staff was, but that the owner made it his priority to make sure we were ALL comfortable! He was as charming and endearing as a grandfather!! I was determined to never go back to St. Maarten again, until staying here. I highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
I B, Directrice adjointe at Mercure St Martin and Marina, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear Lynn,

Thank you very much for this charming message. We are happy to have been helpful in such a delicate situation and hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again under better circumstances for a longer, quieter stay!

Thanks for recommending us.

Kindest regards,

The Mercure Team

Been to Mercure St Martin and Marina? Share your experiences!