I have spent two weeks in this wonderful vacation destination : Mercure hotel is a nice resort with a functional and spacious layout and with gardens full of tropical trees , flowers and lots of sculptures.
I have appreciated the hotel's location : a quiet area of the island ( Baie Nettlé ) on the French side , two minutes walk of the very clean Baie Rouge beach , good restaurants within walking distance , near the Dutch side and its tax free shops .
My renovated room was comfortable , spacious , calm , airy and with a balcony full of flowers and overlooking the pool and the gardens .
Staff were very professional , friendly and helpful , always smiling and quick to help : to provide tourist information and to direct to interesting places , to recommend activities available in the hotel or elsewhere ( snorkeling , diving and boat trips from the Mercure marina ) , to rent a car , to do shopping , to manage taxi rides to the airport…, specially the owners always inquiring about my needs .
Also great selection of food for breakfast , lunch and dinner with an amazing buffet ( I recommend the well prepared fish dishes) at the restaurant opened to the lagoon.
This hotel has a large sandy beach facing the lagoon with lounge chairs and hammocks under palm trees .
I have also enjoyed the daily activities organized by professionals in the large swimming pool , the gym and the spa as well as the evening entertainments .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its unique location on the west coast of the island, 5 km (3 miles) away from the French capital, Marigot, 7 km (4 miles) away from Juliana international airport and its surrounding nightlife - restaurants, bars, casinos - a walking distance from Baie Rouge, one of the most beautiful beaches on the island, 100 m away from Sandy Beach, the Hotel Mercure Saint-Martin & Marina welcomes you to paradise.The hotel: 170 rooms, a creoles tone in a modern atmosphere. From peaceful sunrises to warm sunsets, our restaurant/bar "Les Voiles" awaits you by the lagon. Its local, French as well as international cuisine, along with its exhaustive list of wines and cocktails will definitely know how to satisfy your senses. Seminaries, gathering, social events, three fully equipped rooms are ready to fulfill your needs.Might it be for leisure or business, at the Mercure Saint-Martin & Marina, everything has been thought of. Come and enjoy our private beach with palm and coconuts trees, our infinity pool (with a separate child's pool), relax yourself in our spa and train in our fitness room, tennis court or watersport club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, ACCOR, Tingo, HotelsClick, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia and Otel so you can book your Mercure St Martin and Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Simson Beach Saint-Martin Hotel Marigot
- Mercure Hotel Marigot
- Accor Hotel Marigot
- Mercure St Martin And Marina St Maarten-St Martin/Marigot