Wonderful professional images of the hotel build a great expectations. Alas, all is not so perfect.
Location is way outside of Marigot, the closest activity centre. No public transport, or at least regular, official transport, kind of keeps you at the hotel, unless of course you take a rental. There is absolutely nothing in the immediate vicinity.
The hotel has an artificial beach on the bay. Views are not that interesting and the bay itself has lots of algae. There is a really nice beach (Baie Rouge) about 20 minutes away and it says a lot when you run into the hotel manager and his wife ...
Check-in was not particulary efficient, with an extremly grumpy guy at reception. We booked a classic suite. Sounds good, evokes superieur quality and comfort, but this is the biggest deception. The room, while large, is basically empty with just a bed and bears no resemblance to what elsewhere a suite would have seating and more... It was worn and torn, with bed linen which was incompatible with the bed size. The bathroom was simply awful. To be fair, when I complained we were upgraded to a renovated room, much more pleasent. But I did need to complain!
On a very positive note, the restaurant was very nice and so were its staff. The food was delicious, and the service efficient. David should be commended. Breakfast though was yet another disappointment. Tropical island - freash fruit? Well yes and no. Canned pinapples! Fried eggs an 8 euro supplement, etc...
We had just flown in from New York where we had stayed in a 4 star hotel with fantastic views over Manhattan and a quality of service I consider excellent. On a value scale, the Mercure has 4 star price with lower 3 star service.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Simson Beach Saint-Martin Hotel Marigot
- Mercure Simson Beach Saint-Martin Hotel
- Mercure Hotel Marigot
- Mercure Simson Beach
- Accor Hotel Marigot
- Mercure Simson
- Mercure St Martin And Marina St Maarten-St Martin/Marigot
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its unique location on the west coast of the island, 5 km (3 miles) away from the French capital, Marigot, 7 km (4 miles) away from Juliana international airport and its surrounding nightlife - restaurants, bars, casinos - a walking distance from Baie Rouge, one of the most beautiful beaches on the island, 100 m away from Sandy Beach, the Hotel Mercure Saint-Martin & Marina welcomes you to paradise.The hotel: 170 rooms, a creoles tone in a modern atmosphere. From peaceful sunrises to warm sunsets, our restaurant/bar "Les Voiles" awaits you by the lagon. Its local, French as well as international cuisine, along with its exhaustive list of wines and cocktails will definitely know how to satisfy your senses. Seminaries, gathering, social events, three fully equipped rooms are ready to fulfill your needs.Might it be for leisure or business, at the Mercure Saint-Martin & Marina, everything has been thought of. Come and enjoy our private beach with palm and coconuts trees, our infinity pool (with a separate child's pool), relax yourself in our spa and train in our fitness room, tennis court or watersport club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, ACCOR and Otel so you can book your Mercure St Martin and Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.