Just returned from a 1 week stay at this hotel. The comments about renovated rooms had me a bit worried before I arrive, but unnecessarily so! My room had not been renovated apparently, but was very comfortable and located right onto the beach.
The staff were great and worked like a team. Everyone wanted to make my stay enjoyable, and I had even received an email a few days before my arrival offering an airport pick up, and told me I could rent a car through the hotel - which I did. Cheaper and more convenient!
The restaurant was a great surprise - the chef and his team turned out some wonderful dishes. The service was a bit slow early in the week, but 2 plane loads of unexpected guests had arrived due to flight cancellations! I think the staff coped very well considering!
If you don't want to live on top of a casino or disco, and have no need to see (let alone eat at) KFC, or any other American chain, then this has to be the place for you! Go explore the rest of the island during the day, and come back to a relaxing, friendly afternoon and evening.
It may have helped that I speak French and Creole, but it's a good idea to learn a bit of the language anyway when travelling abroad! It gives better contact, and people appreciate guests who make this effort, I find!
The only hitch I had was with the lack of stability of the internet, particularly early in the week.....
I may well come back.........
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Simson Beach Saint-Martin Hotel Marigot
- Mercure Simson Beach Saint-Martin Hotel
- Mercure Hotel Marigot
- Mercure Simson Beach
- Accor Hotel Marigot
- Mercure Simson
- Mercure St Martin And Marina St Maarten-St Martin/Marigot
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its unique location on the west coast of the island, 5 km (3 miles) away from the French capital, Marigot, 7 km (4 miles) away from Juliana international airport and its surrounding nightlife - restaurants, bars, casinos - a walking distance from Baie Rouge, one of the most beautiful beaches on the island, 100 m away from Sandy Beach, the Hotel Mercure Saint-Martin & Marina welcomes you to paradise.The hotel: 170 rooms, a creoles tone in a modern atmosphere. From peaceful sunrises to warm sunsets, our restaurant/bar "Les Voiles" awaits you by the lagon. Its local, French as well as international cuisine, along with its exhaustive list of wines and cocktails will definitely know how to satisfy your senses. Seminaries, gathering, social events, three fully equipped rooms are ready to fulfill your needs.Might it be for leisure or business, at the Mercure Saint-Martin & Marina, everything has been thought of. Come and enjoy our private beach with palm and coconuts trees, our infinity pool (with a separate child's pool), relax yourself in our spa and train in our fitness room, tennis court or watersport club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, ACCOR and Otel so you can book your Mercure St Martin and Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.