Bit of a mixed bag.
Do appreciate them being able to accommodate our plane full of stranded JetBlue travelers. No elevators so heavy luggage is a bit of a challenge.
Room is definitely more European in style. The bed and other 'soft' furnishings were quite hard and uncomfortable. Funky bench thing whose only useful purpose I could see was luggage storage. The only North American style plug was the shaving connection in the bathroom. So any 3 prong devices and you're out of luck. Had not planned to be at a European hotel so didn't have any convertors. Given our travel woes we needed to charge laptop and phones, so that was a challenge. English tv channels were very limited.
Property seemed very nice the little time we were there to enjoy it. Is a bit isolated from other things, which can be good or bad depending on what you're looking for. Car recommended if you want to explore.
Airline gave us a dinner voucher which was nice but limiting. Couldn't order off the menu. Hotel did a steak frite dinner which was okay. They hadn't planned for that many extra guests so we had to wait for quite a long time. Tried to get a bottle of water from the bar but they wouldn't serve us. Told us to get it from a waiter, but they were scarce in the section of the restaurant set aside for airline refugees.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Simson Beach Saint-Martin Hotel Marigot
- Mercure Simson Beach Saint-Martin Hotel
- Mercure Hotel Marigot
- Mercure Simson Beach
- Accor Hotel Marigot
- Mercure Simson
- Mercure St Martin And Marina St Maarten-St Martin/Marigot
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its unique location on the west coast of the island, 5 km (3 miles) away from the French capital, Marigot, 7 km (4 miles) away from Juliana international airport and its surrounding nightlife - restaurants, bars, casinos - a walking distance from Baie Rouge, one of the most beautiful beaches on the island, 100 m away from Sandy Beach, the Hotel Mercure Saint-Martin & Marina welcomes you to paradise.The hotel: 170 rooms, a creoles tone in a modern atmosphere. From peaceful sunrises to warm sunsets, our restaurant/bar "Les Voiles" awaits you by the lagon. Its local, French as well as international cuisine, along with its exhaustive list of wines and cocktails will definitely know how to satisfy your senses. Seminaries, gathering, social events, three fully equipped rooms are ready to fulfill your needs.Might it be for leisure or business, at the Mercure Saint-Martin & Marina, everything has been thought of. Come and enjoy our private beach with palm and coconuts trees, our infinity pool (with a separate child's pool), relax yourself in our spa and train in our fitness room, tennis court or watersport club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, ACCOR and Otel so you can book your Mercure St Martin and Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.