“Excellent gourmet food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Glendale, California
“Excellent gourmet food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We visit the island every November. Mario's is one of the best restaurants. Very creative menu, excellent service and a fun setting overlooking the channel.

Visited November 2012

89% Recommend
Eldred, New York
“Great way to end a Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have been to St. Martin numerous times and always end my trip at Mario's. In my opinion this Is top notch. I have read many reviews that this is a tourist trap and overrated. I tend to disagree. They always have wonderful specials. The night I went, baby chicken special was fanatastic, plus the veal and duck. You have to factor the service, probably the best on the island. Didier is the greatest host you will ever encounter. So friendly and geniune. Wow. This guy makes you feel so comfortable. Definitely come. Only setback is the Sandy Ground region, away from everything and tough to park. Other than that make sure you visit. Make sure!!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
amsterdam
“Very good , make reservations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We walked in here and asked for a table for 2 the waiter automatically assumed we had reservations, when he realized we did not he politely told us they are booked for the next few nights. I made reservations and we came back a few days later. Food and service was perfect. On the higher end of the budget but definitely well worth the wait and money. A must while in sxm

Visited February 2013
Pittstown, New Jersey
“Best in St. Martin!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Best in St. Martin! A must if you looking for great food and service! Staff is wonderful and food is outstanding. Very clean and trendy.

Visited February 2013
Durham, North Carolina
“My most favorite restaurant on the island!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We have been going to Mario's Bistro for years and it never disappoints. Didier's warmth and Mario's outstanding recipes with beautiful presentations keep us coming back. One of us always gets the cream of carmelized onion soup and the roast duck. The onion soup is very flavorful, sweet and very different from the French standard. The roast duck is beautiful - crispy skin and no fat with roasted garlic and topped with a few homemade potato chips. The best duck I've ever eaten. This last visit I had the baked pistachio-crusted mahi-mahi. It melted in my mouth! For dessert we had the divine baked pear tart. It was made with a delectable pastry crust. If you want a real treat, invest in the Mario's Bistro Cookbook. It comes with wonderful step-by-step instructions and wine pairings. No, I do not get a commission - I just love the restaurant! Reservations are necessary and they are only accepted by phone - no email reservations.

• Visited January 2013