“Hands Down Th Best Meal You will Eat in St. Marteen!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Antoine by the sea

Antoine by the sea
Ranked #28 of 80 Restaurants in Philipsburg
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
“Hands Down Th Best Meal You will Eat in St. Marteen!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I could give lots of Kudos' to the wait staff and go on and on about the atmosphere and the fabulous owners.
However, I'll get right to the point. If you don't eat anywhere else on the island of St. Marteen you must experience
the food at Antoine's in Grand Case. It is a unbelievable food journey that you must not miss. Believe me when I tell
you that dining at Antoine's will be the best gift that you can give yourself while on vacation. It is outstanding and unmatched
on the island for quality, taste and service. I can hardly wait until I return.

Southfield, Michigan
“Antione's The Romantic Restaurant of St.Maarten”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We have been going to St. Maarten 29 yrs. We always dine there our 1st night. The Fish Soup is what we can't do with out. It is the best on the island. The Fresh Mixed Salad with tasty Tomatoes and Crispy Sweet Bibb Lettuce and the dressing is so very good. By this time we are really ready for the main course. That would be Lobster Thermidor. My wife swears that it is the best she has ever had. (We eat at fine dining restaurants quite often) I usually get the Salmon or Red Snapper.
These dishes truly melt in your mouth. The Service is so friendly and efficient. The owner Jean-Pierre goes to every table and makes sure you are satisfied with your meal. If you have a problem, they jump to make you happy. But best of all are the reasonable prices. We eat there at least twice during our trip. You must eat here you will so happy. Southfield, Michigan

• Visited December 2012
King George, VA
“Meh..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Significant other and I had dinner there New Year's day. We were the first to arrive. My first impression was positive and then we met the hostess/waitress. As with a lot of our other experiences with service on the island, this encounter should be considered poor (at best). However, the restaurant was clean, in good condition and we had an exceptional view of the bay.

Average food, at best. The lobster bisque was horrific (very grainy with no actual lobster meat). I had the Mahi. Which, suprisingly (given the very poor bisque) was very good. The butter sauce was light and the fish was cooked to perfection. Unfortunately, the potato garnish was bland (no seasoning at all) and made the dish unappealing to look at - an all white plate. The savior of the visit was the chocolate soufflet for dessert.

Overall, I would rate this as an average restaurant. You can do much much better on the island.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
charlbury
“Released from a cruise ship”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We very much wanted local fish prepared especially for us and we could not have chosen a better restaurant. We discussed our requirements with the waiter and ate two great fish dishes which went very well together. We only had a day in Philipsburg and the meal here made the visit very special. The front of the room is open to the elements and provides just the right amount of cooling breeze. The service was first rate and the patron introduced us to his extended family who were also dining there. First rate view and away from all the very noisy beach bars. Don't bother with any of the other cafes/restaurants, go straight here (and save a hot walk up & down town)-you will not be disappointed

• Visited December 2012
Glens Falls, New York
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have been going to St. Maarten for years and can say that this is not only the best restaurant on the island, but is the best restaurant I've ever been to. I'm speaking as someone who has travelled extensively to Paris and Southern France. It is right on the beach, allowing patrons to experience excellent views as well as the soothing sound of the ocean. The menu offers a wide selection, including beef, duck, and lamb dishes. For dessert, the chocolate souffle is excellent. The staff has always been polite and the host, Jean-Pierre, is very warm and charming.

• Visited January 2013