“bad customer service” 1 of 5 stars

Wiesbaden, Germany
3 attraction reviews
“bad customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I found the operator on the internet and what they offer sound great.
I sent them an email requesting a space. Asking "can you confirm the space"
I recieved an reply asking for who many people. I replied again, heard nothing for two days and the I was told there is not space anymore. What is not to understand on the question "can you confirm the space?"

So I can not review the acctual tour as I did not go on them, but when I will be back to St. Maarten I for sure will not use this vendor.

Visited February 2013

Hamilton, OH
7 attraction reviews
“great customized tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

There were only a few reviews about Amigo Tours, and the response to my first emials were slow, but after booking the day tour I found them to be very attentive. David was our driver for the day and he did an excellent job in getting us to the beaches and attractions we wanted to see. He was very personable, give an informative tour of the whole island and the beverages were very well recieved by our group of 9. I found the cost to be very reasonable for a day tour.

Visited January 2013
Ludowici
“Excellent Tour with Amigo Tours!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I contacted Amigo Tours through their website and the owner immed. got back in touch with me. He even sent a picture of the welcome building where the driver would be waiting. He sent me a price for our large group that was booking a private tour for the day. Once we made it to St Maarten from our cruise ship and walked down the pier into town we immed saw the building and our driver Dennis who was holding a sign with my name printed. He was very friendly and took us to his beautiful, comfortable, and well air-conditioned customized silver chevy van. It held our larger sized family (physically big) of 10 perfectly. He even had a cooler of sodas, beer, and water for our enjoyment. Dennis took us to all parts of the island, and even made 3 beach stops for us. He was so personable that we felt at ease. The tour was well worth the 300 for 10 of us (especially when 6 were kids under the age of 14) and we had a great time. If you want to see this beautiful island at your pace and knowing that your well-being is first, use this company and ask for Dennis - his motto was that he was there for us and ready to take us where we wanted. He is a top-notch driver and person.

Visited November 2012
Orlando
4 attraction reviews
“Worth the Price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Initially $300 dollars for a private tour for 8 for 7 hours may sound a little steep, but when comparing that to what they sell off the cruise line ($35 per person for 2.5 hours), its completely worth the additional $15 dollars.

Our guide was so attentive with answering our questions and making sure we got to see everything we wanted to see. We loved that we got to make the itinerary and spend as little or as much time in any of the sites that you can visit. We definitely enjoyed this excursion and got to make most of our time on the small island!

Only hiccup we experienced, if you even want to call it that, was the lack of free drinks promised. With the tour, free beer, guavaberry liqueur, and water is included, which definitely sealed the deal for us. But we were told that the cooler was locked up and couldn't be accessed. Nevertheless, our guide made sure to make stops to get us beer as requested.

Visited October 2012