“Great Fun and Exciting Day” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Water sports, Tours
Activities: Sailing
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Visitors can participate in a mini-America's Cup boat race in actual boats from the 1987 competition, including Dennis Conner's famous Stars & Stripes.
Kissimmee, Florida
8 attraction reviews
“Great Fun and Exciting Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This was the highlight of the day, were were staying on the Island for a few days and the race was the best sailing adventures we have ever taken. Some of the jobs on the boat are easier than others M. y wife was the time keeper and our friend was the bartendar.

Visited September 2012

chicago
29 attraction reviews
“The best excursion ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

This was hands down the best excursion I have ever been on and the best value for your money. We were cruising to celebrate my husbands birthday so he got to pick our excursion and when he picked this I was petrified. I was a nervous wreck but ended up having a terrific time and I would do it again in a heart beat. I would highly recommend taking an active roll when you are given the choice. I was a grinder and my husband was handling the ropes at the back of the boat. It made you truly feel like you were contributing and not just a bystander. The crew was terrific and very knowledgable and I learned a lot while I was having fun!
We had several people in our boat that have taken this excursion numerous times because it's just so much fun!

Visited September 2012
Norristown, Pennsylvania
“Best Excursion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I was recently in Cozumel on a cruise and booked the 12 Metre Yacht Race. It was so much fun. The crew (Captain Tom, Danny, and Andre) were great! They were funny, friendly, and patient teaching those participating in sailing the boat. (I had never sailed before.) I was lucky and sailed on Dennis Connor's Stars and Stripes. After the race, there was time to sail around for a bit and just enjoy the yacht & water. This just might have been my favorite excusion! I will definitely sail again.

Visited August 2012
Anchorage, Alaska
“Best thing to do on the island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

After a brief introduction to The America's Cup history we were split into teams. If you are lady that DOESN'T want to be the team captain, don't look like it. Then off to the boats to learn your job, and off to race. Free water, sod, or beer on board the boats after the race. It was well worth it.

Visited August 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 attraction reviews
“Experience of a lifetime!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Our family of five (49, 44, 17, 16, 16) sailed on True North in St. Maarten, beating Stars and Stripes in our race. We had a great time. There are more people than jobs, but they switched us up so everyone got a turn. It was not as fast or exhillerating as we'd anticipated -- there were definitely times the boat went really slow ... Overall, though, it was very enjoyable and we all had a great time. Our hobbies and activities haven't ever provided a chance to learn about sailing and America's Cup, so this was an experience of a lifetime. I hope we have an opportunity to do this again. I would strongly recommend it to everyone -- especially if you have a large group. NOTE: There are drinks on the boat, and rum punch back at the dock. You will not need a swimsuit or towel -- but I can see how you could get a little wet. They'll put your bag, etc. in a spot to keep it dry. Bring some cash for tipping your crew. T-shirts and photos are available back at the dock.

Visited July 2012