“Amazing! Great divingschool!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: The PADI IDC Resort "Caribbean Dive College" is your one stop for all your diving needs on St. Maarten. Your holiday fun dives as well as your PADI, National Geographic, DAN, DSAT or HSA (dive) course, from your very first try dive all the way to PADI Master Instructor, are organised and supervised by the highest qualified, multilingual dive staff you can wish for. The brand new, well maintained gear is the icing on the cake. Our staff are also the only qualified SNUBA guides on the island of St. Maarten.Diving and all underwater activities, you do with Caribbean Dive College! The island's only Nat Geo center!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Amazing! Great divingschool!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

Thanks to all of the crew from Caribbean dive college!
Had a great time and made some amazing dive's.
Hope to see ya all soon again!!!!

Murrieta, California
“Better Than Words Can Describe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

I got Certified as a diver a year back, and never really did much with it. I worked on a cruise ship and a friend told me to try Caribbean Dive College, as they were willing to work with me only being able to come in once a week. I quickly fell in love with the Charming Dive shop, and great Dive Instructors. I did my Advance Open water, and immediately after got my EFR and Rescue certifications. I'm currently staying on the Island to complete my Divemaster. They are by far the best dive shop I've ever been too! The Equipment is new and in great condition, the dive sites are unrivaled, and the staff is Amazing in all aspects of the word. Michel, Kelly, Paul, Nikki and Ralph all know what they are doing, and their love of diving really shows!

Would recommend Caribbean Dive College to anyone and everyone. . . and I do!
Thanks so much CDC!
xoxo
Shelly

Brooklyn, New York
“Mediocre Experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

Unfortunately our dive experience was not great. We really wished it had been. The problem started with our diver master, who was really inexperienced. For both dives, we came up with 1K PSI and felt that she was not fully comfortable with leading the group. I expect to dive with someone who has had more than one year's experience and can make for a comfortable trip overall. It seems everyone else on here got to dive with the owner and we were the unlucky ones.

Also, expect to wait for others arriving late. They are on island time here and could care less about your precious time on vacation. We had to wait a surplus of an hour for a couple who were leisurely taking their time eating breakfast, as if this other couple's time was more valuable than ours.

To top it off, their boat starter broke down the day of our scheduled dive. So we had to come back the next day, which was an inconvenience since we don't really like coming into Philipsburg. We ended up getting a discount, but we will not be coming back here again.

AquAvia, Manager at PADI Caribbean Dive College, responded to this review, November 16, 2010
In a perfect (diving) world......

- Nothing would ever break down or it would only happen when you'd want it to.
- All guests would always be on time.
- Everyone in a group would run low on air at exactly the same time
- All dives in the world would always be lead by PADI Course Directors.

Also..... in a perfect world......

- Guests would allow each other some leeway
- When handed a discount to compensate for some annoyance, smile and then leave it at that.
- People who ONLY write bad reviews, would just stay home.

Unfortunately we do not live in a perfect world.
Thank you for your understanding!
Sarasota, Florida
“Scuba Diving in St Maarten”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

Wow, What an excellent experience. The shop, owner, guides and boat capitan were great. They cattered to our every need and did so in a very professional manner. Terrific choices for dive sites and expertly guided. I will defintely be using them again upon my next visit. Michel and Kelly, the dive guides, were first rate!

Steve and Kelly Boone
Sarasota Florida

Philipsburg, St Maarten-St Martin
“Great diving, great service and low prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

I got my open water at CDC and I experienced it as a great diving school with a very personal touch. The instructors and dive masters are very friendly and have made every dive up until now a lot of fun.