“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 44 activities in Philipsburg
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: The PADI IDC Resort "Caribbean Dive College" is your one stop for all your diving needs on St. Maarten. Your holiday fun dives as well as your PADI, National Geographic, DAN, DSAT or HSA (dive) course, from your very first try dive all the way to PADI Master Instructor, are organised and supervised by the highest qualified, multilingual dive staff you can wish for. The brand new, well maintained gear is the icing on the cake. Our staff are also the only qualified SNUBA guides on the island of St. Maarten.Diving and all underwater activities, you do with Caribbean Dive College! The island's only Nat Geo center!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
San Diego, California
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

This was the most amazing dive experience ever! We booked this excursion through Disney Cruise line and I would love to do it again sometime. The instructors were awesome and the dive sites were beautiful. I've never enjoyed diving as much as I did on this trip!

Visited November 2013

Memphis, Tennessee
“We Only Dive with them...you should too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Alan, Mitch, Michel and the rest of the crew at CDC are the best on the island. Great dives at a great price. Take the two tank dives in the morning and be back for lunch and sightseeing the rest of your day. Carib Ghost is the best dive by the way. Michel is the best dive master i have ever worked with even though he looks like Mario. Can't wait to get some bottom time with those guys again next year.
Ginger Bret

Visited September 2013
“Great dive!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Booked a two tank dive through disney cruise lines. We were greeted at the port, taken on a short van ride to the business, given any needed equipment, and boarded their boat. We were given proper instruction about boat/dive safety and then off we went. After a short boat ride, we were given a dive briefing and told what to expect from the dive site "proselyte". I have done over 75 dives (some on my boat, some with other dive operations)...I was checked by 2 different dive masters to check my gear (safety first. :-)). We then were split into two groups of 6 (each with a dive master) and jumped in. This was a great dive site, and we saw many great underwater creatures and the wreck was great! After around 40-45 mins, we surfaced and got back on board. Our surface interval was spent going to our next dive site "shark hotel" I believe. After another dive briefing (they switched our tanks for us), and a few more "buddy checks"...we were back in the water. This was an amazing dive for me. We got to see so many baby sharks, and a few pretty good sized ones (5-6 ft). They pretty much kept their distance, and it was not stressful to me at all. We also saw a HUGE spiny lobster, a turtle, some rays, many fish, and a very very large eel! After about 40-45 mins of diving, we surfaced again. Once on board, we took out gear off and sat around talking about the dive while being served rum punch (or kool aid) and driven back to the shop. They drove us back to our ship, and our great day of diving was over. Overall, the diving was excellent, and the instructors were friendly and helpful. I wish I had of taken my own fins because I have a small foot, and also because my split fins really propel me a lot faster with less effort. I understand rental fins can't all be great...I just didn't realize how much I would miss my fins. Lol. The only suggestion I have is to replace the buckles on a few of the rental bcs...both of my buckles were broken (they still buckled, but one prong on each were broken off...during my second dive, my chest buckle came unbuckled...easy to re-buckle though). :-) thanks again for a great morning of diving!!!

Visited September 2013
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Great introduction to Snuba!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My family and I booked the St. Maarten Snuba port adventure while on a Disney cruise last week. The Caribbean Dive College staff were very professional and attentive to all of our needs. I really appreciated the assistance that our diving guide, Michel, provided during our Snuba experience. Michel was such a great help, particularly as my daughter was having difficulties. She was a little scared of the concept of breathing through a regulator and diving to depths of up to 20 feet. Michel was there to reassure her and patiently assist her as she gained her confidence. My family and I had a wonderful experience!

Visited August 2013
Sarasota, Florida
“Dive in St. Maarten”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

What a memorable excursion-It will be remembered as the best. The staff so professional and and the dive-well I can only wait to return I will pass this on to my buddies and make certain they know this is not to be missed Thank you also to RCL for not disappointing me.

Visited July 2013