“Very comfortable - great staff” 4 of 5 stars

Sea Palace Hotel
Front St 147, Philipsburg, St Maarten-St Martin   |
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Philipsburg
Farmington, Connecticut
“Very comfortable - great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The Sea Palace wasn't a luxury accomodation but it was very comfortable and perfect for our needs! The penthouse condo on the 7th floor easily accomodated all 6 of us. We had great views and plenty of space. The place was clean and while a bit dated, more than enough for us. Would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
DefenderResorts, Public Relations Manager at Sea Palace Hotel, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience! We are delighted to hear that it was a spacious and comfortable stay with us! We are in the process of renovating the entire resort so we hope that you have a return stay with us in the future when we promise you won’t feel that it is at all dated.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Citrus Springs, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

please people do not go to sea palace just got back from 2 weeks of hell. we have been going st marrtin for 16 years abslutely the worst . room was never realy clean stove had to be replaced kepy getting shocked. noise from construction all day into night time .tv never worked properly.staff never very helpfull. no place safe to park your car. no laundry . no help finding one. PLEASE SPEND A FEW EXTRA DOLLARS STAY SOME WHERE ELSE . INTERVAL SHOULD STOP SELLING OR TALKING ABOUT THIS HELL HOLE.

Room Tip: do not go place sucks
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
DefenderResorts, Public Relations Manager at Sea Palace Hotel, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
We are sorry to learn of your disappointment with the Sea Palace. We are currently under renovations that will make this the best of all resorts. We would like to extend an offer to return to the Sea Palace in the future. If you would be so kind as to send your reservation information to kellert@defenderresorts.com we would be more than happy to discuss accommodations.
Wall Township, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I agree with most of the positive reviews of this place.. We stayed there for a week early Oct We stayed here in early Oct for a week and had a nice time. We previously stayed at the sonesta which is close but it was closed this time so we picked the Sea palace as we had walked by it many times on our way to town from the Sonesta. We also took a $20 taxi from the airport-though we could have taken a $2. bus which would have followed the taxi-bad move.The rooms were nice and the refrig door opened the opposite way as someone said. The security safe door and key were given to us upon arrival-IFFY!-but I consider the place and area safe.We took a cab to the DIVI resort one night when everything in town was closed due to no ships and had a nice dinner .Joe the manager is a great asset to this place-look for him with any questions or problems!

Room Tip: At least an ocean view room. One small elevator-so in season could be a problem--GET FIT!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We are grateful that you chose Sea Palace for your vacation and we hope to have you back in the future! We are renovating the entire resort so we would definitely like you to come see the brand new Sea Palace!
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This was my 4th time at the Sea Palace. We love St. Marteen and enjoy our time at the Sea Palace. I can not say enough nice things about the staff. The place is yes dated. However it has always been clean and any issue I have ever had was resolved. People often comment about the safety. I have never felt afraid. Be smart - don't go wondering around Back Street late at night! I always rent a car. I have never had a problem with finding a parking spot. I am gone for the day time hours out exploring the island and by the time I return the business have closed and there are plenty of spots to park. I like having the freedom of having a car - I like to go to other beaches but you could take a taxi to the hotel and never leave. Beach is nice and has lots of activities for kids. There is a grocery store within walking distance and also several restaurants. I would like to give a shout out to "Skip Jacks" !!! And also ZeeBest Bakery!

Room Tip: If you are staying with TAN and have room unit 601 you will not have a front oceanview. But you wil...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us on 4 different occasions! We appreciate you return business to our resort! We are completely renovating the resort so we hop you can make a 5th trip down and see the extensive improvements we are making! Thank you for sharing your island tips and shout outs as well! Sea Palace, local businesses and Sint Maarten appreciate you 
Cape Coral, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Dated? Yes. Clean and friendly? Yes. Incredible location? Yes. Great views? Yes. Would we stay there again? Yes. Any problems? No. Well, maybe the bed and sleep sofa could be a bit more comfortable. Buses and taxis were availble within a block's walk, plenty of shopping and places to eat within walking distance, especially Lizzy's--gotta try her ribs.

Room Tip: We had room 404 on the side of the building. The balcony was small, but we had a 180 deg view of Gra...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your review! Our location is one of our most prized things (only behind our guests!) so we are glad you enjoyed it. We will share your comments on the bed and sleeper sofa and make sure we get those addressed. Thank you for letting us know as that is the best way for us to gauge our guests opinions and work to improve the things that matter to them!
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed on the 5th floor and had a corner unit. The balcony and view are incredible! The room was clean and had more than I needed. The building is old, but I really didn't care that it was a little outdated. The view is what I was looking for, and I don't think I could find anything better. They have started to do renovations and I think it will be really nice in a few months. It was quiet at night and we had no trouble sleeping...accept the sun comes up very early in St. Maarten since they don't follow daylight savings. I would love to come back to this hotel. Make sure to speak with the gentlemen that works in the office. He was SO SO helpful with making sure we were able to get around the island and see everything!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your review! You are correct that we are in the middle of renovating and are working diligently to make sure that anything that could be dated is updated to become top of the line and current.
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

First, the hotel was built around 1985.Yes the building is outdated, but keep very clean.Brushing my teeth in a pink sink, does not bother me when it is clean.Starting last May the whole building is going under major up date.Yes it will be very nice.The hotel, which I would call more an appartement building is very well located.Yes front street is a narrow street, but this is the real Caribbean's..I have 3 weeks of timesharing and I will not change my island for any others.
It is friendly and safe.The Sea Palace is a nice place and it is all about location,location.
You want to have a nice relaxing holiday, stress free, enjoy life in a very relaxing life it is the place.Walk on the board walk at 10pm...not a problem, go enjoy a gelato and come back. Sit and enjoy the view, especially if you have a front view.For the price it is excellent.I am looking for a 4th week.This is how much I love my place.all the people that came with us, never they had a relaxing, stress free vacation.The reviews of KTonto and Real in NYC are exact.I fill sorry for Octavia0222, never heard such a bad experience......if so go and see Joe.The place is a quit place,if you are looking for excitement you must go to Simpson's Bay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your review! We know the renovations will definitely update our entire building! We love our location and it’s great to hear that you do as well! With many choices of islands in the Caribbean we love to hear about experiences like yours and why you love this island as much as we do! We strive to make sure all our guests have the relaxing, stress free holiday you describe and urge anyone who has any issues to come see us so we can try our best to help out. Thank you again for sharing – we look forward to your return visit!

Been to Sea Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!