We only stayed one night at the Flamingo before flying home. Room was booked through Booking. com, and I was told ahead of time that there were no waterfront rooms available, so I didn't expect a view. Our balcony over- looked the street and Bon Apetite Restaurant. Ok, 1 night, no big deal.
What I didn't expect was the following: we could not get into our room until almost 5 pm. ( what hotel has a 4 pm check- in time?!). The next day, I was in the shower when a male employee came knocking on the door. This was at 10:30 a.m. He told my husband that we had to be out of the room, because an owner wanted to switch rooms to be near their friends. He came into our room to use our phone. ( did I mention I was in the bathroom, just out of the shower! ) he was on the phone for awhile. My husband had to ask him to leave, so I could get dressed. We were only then informed that check- out is at 10:00 a.m. What hotel has a 10:00 a.m check- out?! Crazy.
I understand that owners get preferential treatment, and most people stay by the week, so then don't sell your empty rooms on other sites, like Booking.com.
The kitchen was clearly new and up- dated, so that was nice. We had a studio. Room 7451, I believe. There was a distinct urine smell in the bathroom. The toilet needs to be replaced. It looks like the toilets one finds on a boat. Plastic. The smell was a little better when I put the dirty toilet bowl brush away under the sink.
The beach is nice.
Toppers: no joke, waited 2 hours for fish and chips and crab salad! It wasn't particularly busy that night, either. The waiter, Oscar, really tried to make it up to us by offering free drinks, etc. . He was probably the most professional, hard- working person we encountered there. I understand that Toppers is separate from the hotel, but it is on site.
If you read my other reviews, I am not a complainer, so this stuff really bothered me!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful white sand, sparkling blue waters, sunny skies - where else can you find all of this but in Saint Martin/Saint Maarten in the Caribbean? When you stay at Flamingo Beach Resort, you will have all of this, and more. Here you can have the most relaxing vacation of your life, or enjoy some of the many outdoor adventures in the area. If you love water sports, you can go windsurfing, swimming and snorkeling. See the scenery on horseback, or go for a hike along the many trails. You will never be bored while you are staying here, unless of course you simply want to sit back and do nothing, which you are more than welcome to do. Just imagine spending a week or longer just lying around on the beautiful beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Flamingo Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Beach Hotel Philipsburg
- Flamingo Beach Resort St Maarten-St Martin/Philipsburg
- Hotel Flamingo Beach
- Sunterra Flamingo Beach Resort