“Great Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sea View Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sea View Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Sea View Beach Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Front Street #85C, P.O. Box 965, Philipsburg, St Maarten-St Martin   |
Special Offer
Free Breakfast or Night!!
Ranked #9 of 13 hotels in Philipsburg
Castries, St. Lucia
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed here from Nov 11-14, 2012.....the rooms at $75 per night in my opinion..only good if u just want to sleep and get out....but if you're also looking for comfort, the beachfront rooms are the way to go. I paid $87 per night but it is wayyy better than the cheaper rooms. They are more spacious and comfortable. The painting and layout is different. And of course, if you just want to relax on the balcony, you have a fabulous view to enjoy. Hearing the crashing of the waves at nights were the sweetest music to my ears. I am from the Caribbean myself and the beach is nothing new to me but these rooms are definitely the way to go. The hotel is right in the centre of everything but you are not disturbed by the noises on the streets from these rooms.

Dining is within close proximity, as well as shopping and of course, if you want to experience the French side of the island St. Martin , you can just hop on the public bus for a small fee of $2 and explore away. I loved these two islands and I will definitely be back! As for Seaview Hotel, that is my place to stay...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

49 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
tunapuna, trinidad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My husband and I sent 3 days at the seaview hotel recently. First of all it is in the middle of everything. It is right on the beach and on front street where all the tourist shopping is. The rooms are tiny but reasonably clean. We paid only $75 US dollars. We had hot/cold water,a/c,cable tv,clean towels daily. But we only used it to sleep and then we were off again on another adventure.. If you want more luxury but with same great location there is the Holland house hotel which looked more up to date than seaview. I notice most of the guest were short stay carribbean visitors. If you looking for a dream hotel this is not it so look elsewhere.. But we had stayed 4nights before at the Westin dawn resort which was at a very remote location, so we wanted to experience life in the town and be closer to the airport. If you need a taxi ask the front desk and they would fix you up with a dependable one. All in all I dont think I will go back to this hotel because after 6pm the city closes down. The more happening place to stay would be Maho or Simpson Beach side. We had to take taxi everyday to visit the night spots.

• Stayed November 2012
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

This hotel is well-located in Philipsburg, and is clean and good value. But I wanted to write a review because the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. My ferry to St Bart's was cancelled and it was no problem to organise a room for another night. When I returned a few days later to spend the night before catching a flight the next day, I was given a warm welcome (they remembered me after the ferry debacle!).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

We stayed a week and loved the Sea View. If you're looking for a budget hotel, this is the place. It's clean, attractive, and the staff are super friendly. It felt to us like home away from home. Big smile as I'm writing this, and I know we'll be back.

Room Tip: Rooms with outdoor patio/walkway look directly onto the beach and water.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

My wife and I decided to stay a couple of days before and a day after a cruise out of St Maarten. We didn't realize that it was the week of the Heineken Sailing Regatta, so it was really hard to find a hotel. I must admit that we only booked into the Sea View because it was all we could find for a couple of days at a time that was not a preposterous price. The busy time also forced us to fly from Toronto via Atlanta as the only remaining direct flights were $500 more. As appears to be somewhat the norm, our luggage stayed in Atlanta. The people in the hotel were helpful and welcoming and, after negotiating a shabby corridor we were shown to a clean, comfortable and well air-conditioned beachfront room. The Friday night was party night in Phillipsburg for the Regatta and we watched and listened to the excitement from "our" balcony, which was actually the end of the balcony that accessed the second floor rooms, but had a table and chairs. Meanwhile, the very kind lady on the front desk spent a lot of time and effort tracing our luggage which had come in on the next day's Delta flight and been given to a taxi driver who did not deliver it for about 4 hours - I guess until one of his fares took him past our hotel.
They are in the process of refurbishing this hotel. The vanity and sink in our room had been changed in the week we were away and they were preparing to repave the courtyard. We didn't stay there by design, but we'd book in there if we were going back to St Maarten and wanted to stay in Phillipsburg rather than in one of the many luxurious and fairly expensive resorts.

Room Tip: The beachfront rooms are lovely but more expensive. Don't be afraid of street side rooms as the...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Seaview hotel is right on the beach, the Boardwak, Front Street. Staff is friendly and very helpful. View is superb. You are one block from catching a bus to anywhere on the island for far less than a taxi cost. In the daytime, you are int he middle of everything. However, Philipsburg mainly serves cruise ships and much of the town essentially closes down for the evening (after 6 pm) when the cruise passengers have to return to the ship.

Room Tip: Beach view are beautiful but more expensive. This is not an all inclusive resort.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Los Altos
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

I had two separate stays here of one night each. The first night I arrived and they did not have my reservation paid for through Expedia. I had brought a hard copy of the reservation with me so they gave me the room I supposedly had reserved. Hard to say where the communication broke down on that. The room itself was very basic, but that's fine. There was no hot water in the bathroom - the knob on the shower for hot just spun - completely none functional. There was a huge roach (about a 3 inch body) in the hallway, but this is the tropics and there were no bugs in the room itself. About 4am there was a prolonged disturbance in the hallway of about 15 minutes of someone banging to be let into a room. Seemed like the hotel staff should have put a stop to it. On a good note, they successfully had a taxi there at the agreed time to take me to the airport. I was not looking forward to returning to this place two days later.

My return visit was quite different. Still had to show my hardcopy of the reservation for my stay, but they made a mistake and put me in one of their best rooms. It looked right out over the boardwalk and the next morning I watched as three cruise ships pulled in to port. No bugs in sight this time, hot water in the shower, everything worked in the room. It had a table and chairs by the door overlooking the boardwalk so it would be nice to sit outside. Basic room and a little run down, but quite pleasant.

The McDonalds across the street has free wi-fi.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Been to Sea View Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!