Just back from our second visit, this time as a new time share owner. So, one would have to assume that we kind of like the place. As a Marriott visa card holder, and former buiness traveler who stayed strictly in Marriott hotels, let me say right off the bat that this is not a Marriott quality hotel. Having said that, let me also say that I now travel on my own bill, and Marriott quality, while certainly nice, is no longer necessary.
We enjoyed this so much that we will probably buy another week time share for the resort and plan to spend two weeks on our next visit. As a time share owner our food choices are up to us, and generally we are making breakfast in the room and visiting the many great restaurants on the island in the evening. For me, the proximity to Philipsburg (a short walk) is a real asset. We can enjoy a stroll through the many shops without having to drive anywhere. A nice casino is also a short walk a way if one is interested, besides having one in the hotel. The cruise ships dock on the other side of the bay (Great Bay), which is far enough away that none of the passengers make it over to our side, but do help to make the Philipsburg shops more appealing. The staff has been terrific, and the addition of a large contingent of Canadians help to give the facility some international flavor. We always rent a vehicle for the time that we are there, so several of our days are spent exploring the many sights the island has to offer.
- Also Known As:
- Sonesta Great Bay Beach Hotel Philipsburg
- Sonesta Great Bay Beach Resort And Casino
- Sonesta Great Bay Beach Hotel
- Great Bay Beach
- St Martin Great Bay Hotel
- Sonesta Philipsburg
- Great Bay Beach Hotel
- Sonesta Great Bay
- Philipsburg Sonesta
- St Maarten Great Bay Hotel
- Sonesta Great Bay Beach Resort & Casino St Maarten-St Martin/Philipsburg
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking beautiful Great Bay Harbor and a short, 10-minute walk from the exciting capital of Philipsburg, Sonesta Great Bay Beach Resort & Casino offers the best of both worlds: great shopping, dining and entertainment in a quaint downtown setting, and a tropical escape within a beach front oasis. With spectacular views, unparalleled service, a full range of amenities and a mile of white, sandy beach, the Sonesta Beach Resort provides the ultimate Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Venere, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Sonesta Great Bay Beach Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.