this was our 5th stay at this resort, we love it for the location, beach and the staff.
It may not have the wow factor you find in Mexico or Dominican Rep. This is common in the Caribbean. Having said that, I prefer being able to walk out the door and walk into town, or drive around the island, dine out at night and not have to worry. The hotel is very clean, buffets are not massive but the quality of food is great. The view at Great Bay is what I would call " a million dollar view" The island has so much to offer in nightlife and dining, prices are very reasonable. We will be returning again next year, can't wait!!!!!!!
- Also Known As:
- Sonesta Great Bay Beach Hotel Philipsburg
- Sonesta Great Bay Beach Resort And Casino
- Sonesta Great Bay Beach Hotel
- Great Bay Beach
- St Martin Great Bay Hotel
- Sonesta Philipsburg
- Great Bay Beach Hotel
- Sonesta Great Bay
- Philipsburg Sonesta
- St Maarten Great Bay Hotel
- Sonesta Great Bay Beach Resort & Casino St Maarten-St Martin/Philipsburg
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking beautiful Great Bay Harbor and a short, 10-minute walk from the exciting capital of Philipsburg, Sonesta Great Bay Beach Resort & Casino offers the best of both worlds: great shopping, dining and entertainment in a quaint downtown setting, and a tropical escape within a beach front oasis. With spectacular views, unparalleled service, a full range of amenities and a mile of white, sandy beach, the Sonesta Beach Resort provides the ultimate Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Venere, Agoda, Priceline, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Sonesta Great Bay Beach Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.