“Great perfume prices” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 11 Attractions in Philipsburg
Type: Landmarks/ Points of Interest, Landmarks
Activities: Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: This crowded street is a popular tourist center for duty-free shopping.
Port Aransas, Texas
48 attraction reviews
“Great perfume prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We came here to buy some perfume. I purchased Marc Jacobs "Oh Lola" and it was $40 cheaper here than in the US. My daughter also purchased some perfume and it too was at least 1/2 what we pay in TX. Great shopping, wonderful gift ideas, and the best part, when we were ready, all we had to do is step out into the street and a taxi came by to take us back to the ship!
Not bad for $2.00! All the vendors were polite and be careful of the "knock off" purses...some are made very well, and some... not so much. If I had the money, I would've purchased a designer handbag, as they were at least 60-70% off then what we pay in the states.
On a side note, we did take the Carnival Cruise tour around the island and I was very disappointed. We were stuck on a bus taking pictures through the window. I'm not sure where to post this, so if you're taking a cruise, just take a taxi to the beach and come back to shop!

Orem, Utah
12 attraction reviews
“The Blue B**** Bar is great, Talula Mangoes is the restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Good food, funny drinks, the "B**** Slap". Great beach location, live music, great food. A must in P-burg!!

Mission Viejo, California
30 attraction reviews
“Jewelry shopping galore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Tax and duty free, need I say more? There were all kinds of things to shop for from locally made treasures to tshirts. Easy no hassle or haggle shopping.

Hamilton, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“Nice to stroll”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

While my husband and I were in St. Maarten we enjoyed walking up and down Front Street, the narrow streets threw us off but the drivers are courtesy and stop for the pedestrians so they could cross the street. Anything you wanted you can find on Front Street. The couple of casinos on the strip were small (not like I am used to - no glitz/glammer) but if you want to gamble then try the Diamond Casino as they have slots as well as tables for those (like us) that enjoy roulette and black jack. The only thing I didn't care for was the merchants standing outside their store being pushy to come into their store.

Naugatuck
4 attraction reviews
“Parking nightmare!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Good luck trying to find a place to park!! Be prepared to walk your feet off !! Redundant shopping. One gift shop is the same as the others. That goes for the jewelry stores too. Unless your consumer savy or just want a few souvenirs then I wouldn't bother. I can get brand name items at outlet stores in the U.S. for almost same price. You won't find GOOD jewelry for less than $500. If you go, be a smart shopper. Frontstreet is mostly for the cruise crowd.