“Can't Get Enough of the Guavaberry Man” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 43 Shopping in Philipsburg
Type: Shops, Shopping
Activities: Drinking
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in a historic 18th-century building, this company sells a rum-based drink that is very popular among the locals.
Louisville, Kentucky
3 attraction reviews
“Can't Get Enough of the Guavaberry Man”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I became acquainted with guavaberry liqueur on my first trip to St. Maarten in 2006. Since then, I'd not personally had an opportunity to visit the island, but whenever family or friends have gone, I've made sure to put in my 'orders' for liqueur, hot sauce and rum. Previously, I've always stuck to my old favorites, original Guavaberry liqueur, rum and the Habanero Lime hot sauce.

I was finally able to get back on island in June of 2013, and had the opportunity to try some samples and expand my horizons a bit. Mango is my new favorite liqueur flavor and OMG, where has the Roast Garlic Chile hot sauce been all my life?! My only regret is that I love their stuff so much it never lasts until either I or someone I know gets back to the island to replenish my stock and you can't buy the liqueur in the States.

Here are a couple of new favorite drink ideas from this most recent trip. "Confusion" - 1 oz each, coconut rum, Guavaberry Mango liqueur, pineapple juice and orange juice. "Mango Colada" - just use the colada recipe on the regular Guavaberry liqueur bottle, but substitute the Mango flavor instead. Takes a great drink and makes it even better!

Visited June 2013

Port Aransas, Texas
48 attraction reviews
“Interesting taste and it's great in a colada!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

It was interesting. I did a straight shot and asked what alcohol content was...ahhh..75%!
Yes, it's not for lightweights. By the time I got to the 5th tasting, I felt a buzz.
Lady working there was very nice, and offered a colada for free, and I have to say it was good!
Recipes are on the bottle, so I'm looking forward to sharing this with family for the 4th of July.
Seeing all the people that requested this to bring back, I only wished I would have seen those posts earlier. It was cheap, considering the alcohol content. I believe it was $20?
They don't sell it back in the states, so if you really like it, bring it back.

Visited June 2013
Columbus, Ohio
67 attraction reviews
“Interesting liquor, but not quite up to par with others”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

The shop is very cure, the free samples are great, but the liquor is not quite something I would prefer to drink regularly. If it weren't for e tourist appeal as a local item, not sure how they would compete.

Visited May 2013
Aruba
31 attraction reviews
“Free tasting but rude service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

From the outside it looks really nice and totally different than the rest of Frontstreet. We expected some kind of tour or something, but it was just a shop with some small tasting. The woman that offered us the tastings (of pure guavaberry and a guavaberry pina colada) was kinda rude, didn't speak to us and didn't look us in the eye. Even when we bought a big bottle of guavaberry (because we really liked it) she didn't look us in the eye, really strange. It looked like she was really bored and counting the minutes to get out of there... strange to have someone like that there, since you want to sell your things to your customers.

Visited March 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
14 attraction reviews
“Free Rum tastings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I would definitely recommend visiting this shop for some rum tasting and cool swag. They sell their rums here also and I have not seen them back in the States so a cool thing to bring back. They also sell drinks to carry out there with logo cups. A great experience and a must try. The shop and outside area is very photo friendly.

Visited May 2013