“Fun excursion despite disappointing snorkeling” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Eagle Tour

Golden Eagle Tour
Out Island Charters | Jurancho Yrausquin Boulevard, Philipsburg, St Maarten-St Martin
+1 721-543-0068
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Golden Eagle Catamaran is operated by Out Island Charters. These boats include the famous Golden Eagle Catamaran, which is known to be the best ½ Day Cruise on St. Maarten / St. Martin with sailing, snorkeling, and open bar on the way home. Out Island also offers an exciting day of Power Rafting to Anguilla. Our Power Rafts have a shady bit, and visit 3 locations, one which is the most beautiful Sandy Island (Anguilla) you have ever seen. We also offer a 2-story Party Boat Ride and Tour of the Island and the Lagoon of St. Maarten / St. Martin. On it, you will get to know the island well, with our amazing local tour guides. If you have a group, you may want to charter our private boat. I have been told that is creates memories that last a life time. Can you image you and your closest friends and family jamming away at the sounds of waves and music as you make your way to a deserted island to have the most amazing lunch you will ever have? It happened. And Its on this channel. Subscribe for more great memories from your excursion / sail / day trip / tour from St. Martin / St. Maarten!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Berthoud, Colorado
9 attraction reviews
“Fun excursion despite disappointing snorkeling”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We enjoyed this excursion, despite being disappointed by the snorkeling. The Golden Eagle is a big size catamaran that holds about 80 I believe, so you'd better enjoy some company. We enjoyed meeting others. The ride to and from take in some beautiful areas. The location we stopped to snorkel at was a pretty busy area. The water was a little cloudy and we covered a wide area, but still didn't see any coral reef and only a handful of fish. Someone on the boat asked us if we saw the sunken cannon, which we hadn't. After that disappointment, we got back on board and road over to this beach area where we'd get to spend some time. Since they had to stay offshore a bit, you had to swim to shore if you wanted to hang out at the beach. Because of the amount of people on board, they ran out of swim noodles you could use to get to shore, I didn't mind that going to shore as it was much easier going in with the waves. I should have gotten off the boat sooner and to shore, as the time went by way too quickly. By the time I got to shore, my husband was there already and we started walking along the beach and ended up having about 15-20 minutes at that point before we saw the crew asking people to head back. I consider myself an intermediate swimmer, but I struggle heading back, as you are going against the tide coming in. One of the crew members had a small boat that he was pulling a life preserver back with, so a few of us hung on as he pulled us back.

Our trip back was fun between the great music they had playing, the drinks and sandwiches they provided and the views. I would not recommend a hat, unless you are sitting underneath the cover, as it gets fairly windy. If you get seasick at all, I would take the necessary precautions as the water can be rough at times.

The crew members were great and fun! There is a note with this excursion that there may be some nudity on the beach area, but we did not see anything.

Toronto, Canada
“Fun friendly way to spend your day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Chose the Golden Eagle based on reviews on here as part of our Princess Cruise and had a great fun time. Even after losing my camera to the fishes I still had a good time. The drinks and sandwiches were flowing. I think that this excursion draws a really fun crowd, met some nice fellow travellers! Snorkelling sadly was pretty much a no go as the seas were quite heavy and low visibility. The views of the Saint Maarten coast are awesome.
I highly recommend the Golden Eagle!

East Wenatchee, Washington
3 attraction reviews
“Great Time on the Golden Eagle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

A group of us from WA State enjoyed a half day excursion from the Ruby Princess on Feb 13, 2013. We had about 3 hours in port before the excursion so this gave us time to do some shopping and eat lunch. We had a great time and the crew was very entertaining. We spent about 45 minutes snorkeling, which was plenty for me. After the snorkeling, they took us to a beach to enjoy some swim time. We had about an hour playing in the waves and enjoying the Rum Punch. The return trip was spectacular with the boat running full out. Wind in our hair, sun on our backs, light lunch, more Rum Punch...end to a perfect day. I would definitely do this excursion again! Thanks for the wonderful time.

Denver, Colorado
6 attraction reviews
“Good way to spend a day in port”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This was a port stop on our Celebrity cruise. The crew was friendly and fun, the drinks we copious and the sandwiches were pretty good considering they were made on a boat. The beach we went to was secluded and beautiful. The snorkeling was not great because of a recent storm so that was a miss and the trip back was rough again due to weather. Overall though it was good value for the money and they met us right at the ship. We booked through the excursion desk on the Celebrity Reflection.

Visited January 2013
Zionsville, Indiana
3 attraction reviews
“Nice boat, good equipment. Bad snorkeling and crew was indifferent.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Went on the Golden Eagle on 1/30/13. Was informed that we were going to am alternative site due to seas. I asked if the alternate site was good and was assured it was, it wasn't. Went to a nice beach where there was no where to relax or anything to do. This was probably the most disappointing snorkeling excursion I have ever been on.

Beach and snorkeling in St Thomas was much better. I would recommend the bones or castaway cat - much better crew and venue.

Adam R, Owner at Golden Eagle Tour, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Hi Jon,

I am greatly disappointed that you did not enjoy your tour on the Golden Eagle. We do aim to please all of our customers by providing top quality service and giving them an experience to remember. Unfortunately the weather does not always cooperate with us in St. Maarten especially in the winter months when large north swells are common. When big swells are present, like were on the day of your excursion, we are forced to use an alternate location which is more protected. We always advise our guests before departure when this is the case and let them know that the snorkeling will also be affected as large swells stir up the the sea floor and cause decreased visibility. You were told of the conditions prior to departure and even signed your ticket saying that you had recieved the warning about conditions. You should have cancelled there and then for full refund. It is very unfair to give us a low rating after you were warned of the conditions and even signed your ticket choosing to participate.