“Go For The Show!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Illinois
“Go For The Show!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We went to L'Escargot intending simply to eat dinner. The Owners were wonderful and the staff were fantastic. Over the pre-dinner discussion, they referenced the show. We had no idea what we were in store for. There is a small stage in the restaurant and the evening festivities included a cabaret show. It was so much fun. The female impersonators were wonderful. There were talented and so engaging. And the food - it was terrific. I will caution that while the food was good, it did not merit the five star rating. It was the show which put L'Escargot over the top. It is something I'll never forget. How many restaurants can make that claim. We are told that the show is every Friday night. Don't miss it, it was one of the highlights of our trip.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Mexico
“Best Escargots Ive ever tried”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

A very colorful restaurant , with amazing onion soup, fantastic Escargots (the serve it in many different ways, Try the sample plate) and incredible fish. I believe is the owner , a French old man that take your order. He could be a little bit more kind and delicate with tourist. Some people might think that he is being rude and because of that is that I didn't give 5 stars in my review. I also agree with other reviewers that there is NOT information about credit card restrictions for lunch. I told them that I was not carrying cash and they should inform the customers before taking the orders. They got mad at me but in the end they took the POS out of the drawer and accept my credit card. I don't know why they make so much of a problem. Again no one mentioned they didn't accept credit card for lunch nor was it posted anywhere. The funny thing is that there was a sign that credit cards were accepted.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Great Falls, Virginia
“Absolutely spectacular restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I was staying at Divi Little Bay and the food there pretty much sucked so I walked into Philipsburg (a twenty minute walk almost all downhill) and the only place that was open was L'Escargot. I had heard about the place and was told it was good but a little pricey. Well, it was very, very good and not that pricey. I ate their alone the first night and with my significant other the second. It was THAT GOOD that I went back the next night.

If you like French cuisine then give this place a try. The staff are absolutely wonderful to their customers and they treat you very, very well. I highly recommend L'Escargot for a great meal in Philipsburg. Enjoy it and tell them that you read about how good they are on Trip Advisor from the guy from D.C. who came there two nights in a row on December 19 and 20th.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Newport, Rhode Island
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Great place with delicious escargots and much more. Great owner and waiter. We had escargots, duck pate, Cesar salad, steak au poivre and shrimp and we were all happy campers

Visited December 2013
Massachusetts
“Pass it By”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Lured by the thought of escargot 7 different ways, we went for lunch while visiting the island as one of our cruise stops. The escargot are prepared exactly the same but served different (i.e. on a mushroom, a toast, in a shell, etc.). We had an older waiter who was very, very rude to us and would not acknowledge anything one of the women in our party said or asked. Someone must have noticed we were not happy with him and he was replaced with someone else half way through the meal. When we got our check (almost $80 for lunch for my husband and I) and went to pay with a credit card, we were told they don't accept cc for lunch, only dinner!!!! No one mentioned that fact nor was it posted anywhere! What a rip off! Although the restaurant looks quaint and colorful and the aroma of garlic wafting from the kitchen appeals to your senses, be aware the appeal stops there.

• Visited November 2013