As with one of the previous reviewers this place is really a 3 and 1/2 rating. Why?
Make no mistake about it. This place was built to host conventions & conferences, though the views are stellar, it is very removed from the rest of the island and you will need to rent a car if you are like me, one with wanderlust... I would not "avoid" going back to this this hotel, but I have no desire to rush back, and that is my criteria for a super positive review.
The hotel is quite expansive, at least the space between most rooms and wherever in the hotel you are trying to get to...so be prepared for that!
The rooms are quite nice, clean and the beds are comfortable. The bathroom is spacious and we were lucky to get a room facing the ocean, so we woke up to a beautiful sunrise. Everything in the room worked well and the in room coffee service is quite good.
Most of the food service was adequate, some pretty good some not so good...
The pool area was exceptional, as was the beach with lots of beach loungers available. A good thing!
One of the great things about this hotel was the Concierge..She was originally from the USA and she knew St Maartin like the back of her hand..A great personality and she knew what people wanted and where to get it...she made this trip so much more pleasant! The rest of the staff was mostly welcoming and cheerful!
If you have a conference or convention at the Dawn, I would go.. you will be comfortable. However, If you want to see the island though I recommend that you maybe rent a car....
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten Hotel St. Maarten/St. Martin
- The Westin Dawn Beach Resort And Spa, St. Maarten
- The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten Hotel
- Westin St Maarten Martin
- Westin St Maarten
- St Maarten Martin Westin
- Westin St Martin
- Westin St. Maarten/St. Martin
- St. Maarten/St. Martin Westin
- Westin St Maarten Dawn Beach Resort & Spa
- The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten St Maarten-St Martin, Caribbean
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of the most beautiful Caribbean beaches, The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten offers guests a true getaway. Scuba dive, take a ferry to Anguilla for the day, or just relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Venere, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.