“Great Food and Staff” 4 of 5 stars

5th Night Free/Breakfast
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Great Food and Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Public areas are slightly above average. The suites in the condo's are very nice although some have a humidity problem that cause the floors to be wet. I didn't exactly understand what the problem was but had something to do with the AC. What sets this place apart is the fantastic food. I was attending a meeting and every meal we had was exceptional. In my opinion St. Maarten has the best food in the Caribbean. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. I even ran into the executive chef by the pool who asked me how my stay was going and if there was anything he could do for us. The little casino was and added bonus and fun even although black jack had cruise ship odds. Overall a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Hungarian first
Greenville, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We just got back from our two week stay at our three bedroom condo and can report that management appears to be trying hard to make this an excellent property. On this visit we found that our normal room was not available. I am convinced that the problem was due to causes beyond their control but still I was disappointed that my condo was not available. The response of management was outstanding. Alejandra went out of her way to make sure that our family's vacation was enjoyable. She did what she said she would do. I have read other reviews and I agree with some statements that there have been shortfalls at the property but while we were there on this trip I saw maintenance workers hard at work maintaining and repairing. I also found the staff to be working harder to make us happy. Once, toward the end of the day, when we went down to the beach and they were out of towels, it was only minutes later when someone stood next to me with a handful of clean beach towels, she had come down to the beach and searched us out to make sure we had our towels. My picky adult son reported that they found the food to be great at the restaurant. Everyday I saw the manage walking the property, talking to the patrons, clearly taking control of the resort. Nature made this location a wonderful and beautiful place to be. It appears that management is now providing a product that should make even the most discriminating consumer happy.

Room Tip: While all three bedroom condos are identical in floor plan there is one difference that can make a c...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Imperial
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed two days at the St. Maarten Westin before a Wind Surf cruise. I did a lot of research to find a great resort for us to enjoy the beach and each other! This was a great resort and it lived up to our expectations. We really enjoyed the room, it was an oceanfront with a balcony on the 3rd floor! Wonderful room to enjoy the ocean views and the amazing sound of the waves. Their beach was awesome and we really enjoyed their outdoors restaurant Ocean! The pool and hot tub were very nice......you will love this resort ENJOY~~~

Room Tip: Do a oceanfront room....and you will love the beach! Very quiet and very nice!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dit Hills
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

This property has all you could want to relax and unwind. A beautiful infinity pool with swim up bar right off the beach, the rooms are clean and very comfortable. You need a car to get around to restaurants and beaches but taxis are readily available but check what the fare should be with the the concierge, Fran, who was wonderful. The concierge staff couldn't have been more helpful. Check out Busbys on the beach just up the road. At night it turns into a wonderful restaurant called Daniels. We were there for the Super Bowl and they set up a big screen to watch the game poolside. One negative is that when we were there, the water at the beach was kind of rough. There are great restaurants within a short ride of this resort so don't miss them. Had a great time and can't wait to return.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Sent from my iPadIf you don't have a Fabulous
vacation at this resort....You MUST have waken up on the wrong side of your "Heavenly Bed"!!!!! From the first night we enjoyed dinner at the bar w/ Patrick,to the last night! Everyone..is wonderful!!!....Jaya David ,the night manager, Made us laugh so hard and made us feel as if we new him our whole life.( and we were not drinking) And it didn't stop at Him...our day manager ,his name escapes me,was just as nice.Breakfast w/ Ridiculous
Nicholas ,was such a pleasant experience, his sincerity was refreshing. And the pool attendants Tony & "V"worked there Butts off! Janice & Alourdis in the gift shop...Fabulous! .....and Sheldon at "prestige" car rental....What a Nice Nice man he is, and we even saw him w/ his lovely family in "Margot" one day. Can't say one bad thing. We thoroughly loved The Westin At Dawn Beach! And we will come back without thinking twice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Husband and i arrived a few days early for some down time before a conference. Our room was lovely but often we asked for turn down service - however, no one showed up. Housekkeping arrived late in the day or not at all and had to be called. Food was ok and typically overpriced for what it was. That said, pool and beach were lovely. Spa was very nice but the gym was the size of a postage stamp. It really needs to be expanded.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I just returned from 4 nights at The Westin St. Maarten Dawn Beach. I frequently read the reviews on trip advisor and I think some of them were a bit harsh on this property. I thought the place was vey nice and clean and the service was great. Most of the staff went out of their way to make sure that you were enjoying your stay. The General Manager Daniel knew that I was a Platinum Starwood member and he checked in on me to make sure all was going well. That extra effort goes a long way and we really appreciate it.

So let me dive in a bit deeper of the positives and negatives. Yes the resort is out of the way a bit but I do not think it is that big a deal. We took a cab the couple of nights we went out to dinner. One night for $6 we went to Oyster Pond and we ate at Big Fish. A great meal and the staff was really nice there. Another night we went to Marigot ($25 cab ride) and ate at Mario's Bistro. Food was awesome. I highly recommend it! We also ate one night at the Westin steakhouse Aura. We enjoyed that as well.

The pool area and beach area are really nice. Yes the pool is very cold since it is not heated. But when it is 82 outside I am fine going in cold water to cool off. The ocean was fun and not as rough as some people say. The entire pool and beach area were well maintained and had workers making sure it looked clean every day. Yes they do charge for a cabana at the pool or beach but we paid for a type of umbrella/cabana on the beach and it was worth it.

Overall I think it is a nice Westin property and I would visit it again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten? Share your experiences!