After having gone to this hotel recently, my husband and I were very DISAPPOINTED.
The CONS of the hotel were as follows:
Price: We have stayed at high end, expensive hotels. This was EXPENSIVE and NOT HIGH END.
Rooms: The OCEAN FRONT view rooms were extremely MUSTY and DAMP, and they had carpet which we didn't even want to step on with bare feet. Cleaning staff we very disorganized, and came into the room multiple times each day.
- Beware of the annoying staff harassing you to take part in a 90 minute presentation for time share.
Location: Very remote. You NEED A CAR. Unless you intend to spend your entire vacation at the resort, or taking a long and expensive taxi ride in to the town whenever you get bored. I would not recommend this location for those who enjoy being close to nightlife and action.
Breakfast: Grossly overpriced, and mediocre.
Location: The beach and the pool are very nice. The waves can be quite strong, so I would not recommend this for children (parents at the resort had to stay by the pool with their children). Many chairs are available and included with your stay, unless you want to upgrade to a cabana which of course is not worth it. Towels are also included.
Food: The 2 restaurants at the hotel are quite good overall. But they can get expensive, and there is much better cuisine on the island if you ask around or use a good guidebook ( I would recommend Fodor's, it was amazing). Sunday brunch is very good, there is a huge selection. Come hungry, and be willing to pay at least $50.00 per person.
The hotel is just too run down and expensive. There is no justification. If you are a traveler who likes luxury and/or enjoys getting value for your money, you are better off elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of the most beautiful Caribbean beaches, The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten offers guests a true getaway. Scuba dive, take a ferry to Anguilla for the day, or just relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, BookingOdigeoWL, HotelsClick, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Dawn Beach Resort And Spa, St. Maarten
- The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten Hotel St. Maarten/St. Martin
- Westin St Maarten Martin
- St Maarten Martin Westin
- Westin St Martin
- Westin St. Maarten/St. Martin
- St. Maarten/St. Martin Westin
- Westin St Maarten Dawn Beach Resort & Spa
- The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten St Maarten-St Martin, Caribbean