At times it seemed as if we had the place to ourselves. The resort is secluded and a car is needed. It sits on the boarder between the Dutch and French sides of the island. Staff very friendly. Beach was clean although somewhat rocky. Food over priced!
Beautiful pool right next to sandy beach.
Downside - hot water was a joke! We complained at least 3 times and still had to let the shower run for 15 minutes before it started to get warm. Totally unacceptable.
They are also hustling time shares here - a big turn off. You can get them for free or very low prices listed on several websites.
Overall we had a very good week if you overlook the lack of hot water.
Oh, and one more thing - we had considerable trouble logging on to the Internet from our room. After a bit more requests and some complaining it was fixed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of the most beautiful Caribbean beaches, The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten offers guests a true getaway. Scuba dive, take a ferry to Anguilla for the day, or just relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Starwood, HotelsClick, Travelocity, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Dawn Beach Resort And Spa, St. Maarten
- The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten Hotel St. Maarten/St. Martin
- Westin St Maarten Martin
- St Maarten Martin Westin
- Westin St Martin
- Westin St. Maarten/St. Martin
- St. Maarten/St. Martin Westin
- Westin St Maarten Dawn Beach Resort & Spa
- The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten St Maarten-St Martin, Caribbean