“Amazing view!” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Beaches
Activities: Sunbathing
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: If you're looking for a beach that's quiet but not totally secluded, Cupecoy is a good choice. Its white sands are backed by low sandstone cliffs that have been eroded in such a way that they provide a run of small semiprivate coves.
Brooklyn, New York
23 attraction reviews
“Amazing view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Its off a dirt word can easily be passed (I did). The waves are rougher here than the other beaches but it is def worth a visit .The rocks were rough on my feet and there are rocks in the water you need to watch out for. It wasnt croweded at all but clothing was optional.

There are also caves and the view from the cliff is amazing this is my favorite beach in St. Martin.

Visited October 2012

8 attraction reviews
“Clothing optional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Yes you could encounter nude people there but the beach is truly amazing. If you get there definitely stay there to watch the sunset. I would go back to SMX just to do this.

Detroit, Michigan
5 attraction reviews
“Great Beach, Had to jump in on the way to the airport!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

After spending most of our time on Orient beach we heard Cupecoy had cliffs and small caves. We went looking for it on the way to the airport on our last day, Feb 27. A little hard to find with the dirt road off the main road. But well worth it. The cliffs and view were magnificent! If we had found this beach eariler in our stay we would have spent all our time there. An old stairway leads to the beach and water. A little way into the water are very large slabs of rock that you can stnad on when the waves come in. While we were waiting for our BBQ lunch to be prepared I told my wife I had to go in one last time or I would always regret it. (The beach is unoffically clothing optional with about 15 poeple there that day.) Off came everything and in I went. Ended up flying home with a little sand in my shoes, but it was GREAT!

Visited February 2012
Richmond, Virginia
4 attraction reviews
“Clothing optional, some risks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

We enjoyed the cute, clothing-optional beach – for the most part. We both were injured nearly as soon as we arrived on the beach. I removed my sandals and promptly stepped on a coral-like rock at the sand’s edge. My wife’s foot and leg were scraped on a rock in the water. Not crowded at all, we laid somewhat east of the rocks you descend to the beach and behind a rock cropping. We noted on each visit local men stopping briefly, peering from the rocks above. They seem to be checking for memorable views of those on the beach below. On one visit, one middle-aged local, believing he was far enough back to be out of view to those of use below, took matters into his own hand, a black and disturbing scene which quickly changed when we sat up to adjust our towels. Sad that some of us are so out of control, an issue we never confronted at Orient Beach.

Visited June 2011
Toronto
“My fav place...............Cupecoy beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2009

Went to St martins with my daughter for the march break. Even though the first two days were rainy and cool, the last five days more than made up for it. The views are breath takeing and there's so much to explore. I would recomend the rhino rider, the one that takes you to crawl rock, as well go to Anguila on th lambada. You'll get to see prickly pear as well. It's an 8 hour duration you'll never forget.

Stayed at the sapphire beach club. Was a little concerned reading the reviews before I got there. I found it to be very clean as well comfortable and the staff were were very helpful. The food at the poool resturant (Blue Sapphire) was excellent. Ya the service was a little slow, but hey your on vacation who cares.

I loved the cupecoy beach and will be posting pics soon. Could stand on that beach and just admire the views all day. Great for swimming as well. Not the largest beach in the world, but certenly big enough.