The old axiom says, "Sleep on the Dutch side, eat on the French." After 6 glorious days atop Anse Marcel on the Northern tip of St. Martin's French side, I'd advise sleeping where you dine. The Marquis is a small property with a handful of brightly colored units with cedar shake roofs. No grand lobby here. The reception area is in a cute cottage that does triple duty as the manager's office, internet center, and pool bar. This casual atmosphere lends itself to quick and easy get-acquainted sessions with fellow guests on the pool deck. If you are looking for a full-service, busy, resort experience, stay at the Radisson several hundred feet below. The Marquis offers a very quiet, intimate stay. They only offer a continental breakfast, but it was ample and tasty. Sometimes the barmaid was AWOL, so we went on the honor system. Natalie and Moira manage the property and were the hospitality equivalent of Rain Man. They somehow found the perfect restaurant every night, the perfect beach or land-based activity every day. There is a full sports center a short walk from your room and spa service upon demand.
Again, if you are dying to be catered to, impressed by grand lobbies and marble fountains, this would be a disappointment. But if casual comfort, with a warm and inviting environment and a million $$ view, this is the place. They have a reciprocal agreement with the resorts below, so you can visit their beautiful and bustling beaches, and return to your quitet mountain hideaway. Make sure you include a trip to Pinel Island as a day trip, along with a visit the Loterie Farms. It has a fantastic high-ropes course with zip-lines on a beautiful mountainside. Include a visit to Ti Bouchon for dinner. Momo is a charming host. Our only criticism.... the internet network seemed to despise our two laptops. We never were able to log-in. The mattress killed my back, but that's par for the course. Gale and Guy Gordon, Michigan
- Also Known As:
- Marquis Boutique Hotel
- Marquis Boutique Hotel And Spa
- Marquis Boutique Hotel St. Maarten/St. Martin
- Hotel Marquis
- Marquis Boutique Hotel & Spa St Maarten-St Martin, Caribbean
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marquis is an intimate and exclusive 4star boutique hotel located in Anse Marcel Cove on St Martin's French side. The 17 spacious room & suite accommodations have private terraces and a dramatic view of the ocean. Breakfast & restaurant services can be enjoyed in your room or around the pool. A full service at the beach is provided for hotel guests and a shuttle is at their disposal anytime. Also, guests will benefit from the sport center and the "Zen" area which offers aesthetic treatments and massages. This secluded paradise's reputed personal service adds to its appeal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Splendia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere, Tingo, Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your Marquis Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.