“Best value store” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Shops, Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: Voted St. Maarten's #1 jewelry store, we specialize in loose diamonds, fine jewelry, swiss watches and great customer service. We have been in business on St. Maarten since 1983 and aim to please our customers in any way possible! Please check out our sister store also on Front Street.
Largs, Ayrshire
“Best value store”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Just back from our caribbean cruise, stopping at several islands and this was the best value jewellers that we found. We were served by Max but all the staff were friendly and helpful. We'll definitely call again and spend more.

Visited January 2013

OH-IO
11 attraction reviews
“Best values and service in the Caribbean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Whether you are looking for a small item as a reminder of the beautiful island of St Martin, or investing in an heirloom piece of jewelry-Caribbean Gems is just where you should be. The staff at both stores will treat you respectfully and help guide you in getting the most from your budget. Will they show you other items, of course. But if you have a fixed amount to spend and an idea of what you want, they will help. Over the last decade we have purchased many items, and never has anything appraised for less than double the price paid once we were home. My stateside jeweler is always amazed at the great prices we have received from Rajesh and Manu of Caribbean Gems. It always pays to do some shopping at home, so you have some idea of what market prices are...then prepared to be amazed at how much more you can purchase at CG! The air conditioning works well here, and if you are doing business they will get you a cool refreshment. Never pressure, all questions answered, they want you to be comfortable and assured with your purchase. An additional benefit is that they do have service in the US if anything needs adjust once you are home.

Visited February 2013
Georgetown, Canada
“Great store and the friendliest staff on the island...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We visited St Maarten in December and I was looking for a new watch and was told this was the place to look. Caribbean Gems was the first store I went into and should have saved myself the time by checking out other stores. They have a good selection of watches and jewelry and the friendliest knowledgeable staff around. It really is a shopping experience and i personally bought 3 watches and earrings for my wife and my two friends also bought watches as well. I visited 10 stores after getting the price from Caribbean Gems and no one was even close to their prices.
Max is a lot of fun and a very honest business man.

Visited December 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Best Jewelry Store in St. Martin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Look no further for an honest, helpful and fully stocked jewelry store than Caribbean Gems. We have been shopping there for over 20 years. The staff is not pushy, the gems are top notch and the selection is wide. Prices are very reasonable. Even if you don't purchase anything you are treated with respect and a welcoming spirit that makes Caribbean Gems different from most of the jewelry stores in on the island. We have been working with Max there for two decades and have made large and small purchases over the years. We always feel like we have gotten a good deal and Max is very qualified to help with all ranges of prices.

Visited January 2013
Gap, Pennsylvania
“Fabulous Jewelry Store”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I went on vacation in ST. Maarten for a week to de-stress. We visted Phillipsburg and I knew I wanted diamond stud earrings and wanted to trade some existing keweler in on upgraded, more interesting pirces to add to my collection. There are so many jewelry stores on the irland that we were overwhelemed. I was sitting on the beach and I saw a women wearing a beautiul eye catching ring. I decided to ask her what jewelry store she deals with and which ones are repriable. She reccommended Caribbean gems and to ask for Max.
The next day we visited the jewelry store- Wow! A very nice shopping experience. No Pressure, Pleasant, friendly people and a large selection. Max is extrememly knowledgable and helpful. His gives you 120% rather than 100%. He wants you to be delighted with your purchase. We were on a time crunch as we had other things planned on the island we wanted to do- he accomadated our schedule. The prices were reasonable and trade was fair. Max was incredible! If yougfo to Phillipsburg- Ask for Max. He will help you find the unigue piece that fits your personality and style. They give appraisals for all their jewelry.

Visited May 2012