We just returned from a week at the Princess Heights and it was a terrific place to stay. I was a little concerned about the overdevelopment that has occurred in St Maartens but the Oyster Pond area is non-commercial and Dawn Beach is among the best in the Carribean. Princess Heights bills itself as a condo-hotel. The reality is that it is a condo complex with daily maid service. There really are no other facilities - no restaurant, casino etc. That said, if you are looking for a beautiful beach and a very high quality condo accomodation, Princess Heights is hard to beat. We were in Unit 401 and the apartment was immaculate and fully equipped with washer/dryer, microwave, dishwasher and even a blender! We had a 1 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath unit and it was great - balcony access from living room and bedroom meant we could put our toddler to bed on the sleep sofa and still move around inside and outside. It is a great place to stay with kids. The pool has several wide steps that kids can feel comfortable playing on and our daughter (age 4 1/2) went down the slide into the pool 50 times a day! The pool has lots of umbrellas for the shade you'll need by the end of the day and a floating pool chair that I could happily retire in! Dawn Beach is also great for kids - lots of soft white sand and fairly calm waves while we were there. We had rented a car for the whole week and I would definitely recommend having a car if you stay there. Part of the beauty of that area of St Maartens is the lack of commercialism but that also means that with the exception of Mr. Busby's (which is fabulous) and a small ship's store grocery in that complex, you need to drive 15 minutes to a grocery store and to explore other restaurants. We did several day trips and visited alot of other beaches but I think Dawn Beach was the best. We can't wait to go back and stay again at the Princess Heights.
- Also Known As:
- Princess Heights Hotel St. Maarten/St. Martin
- Princess Heights St Maarten Martin
- Princess Heights Hotel St Maarten-St Martin, Caribbean
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a hillside overlooking dawn beach, this affordable Luxury Boutique Condo Hotel offers Studios, One & Two bedroom Suites with fully equipped gourmet kitchens and balconies with majestic ocean views. On site hotel amenities include a freshwater pool, free internet, free parking, free daily newspaper, daily maid service, gym room and concierge service. Additional services include: Car rental, Cell phone rental, Beach chair & umbrella rental. 5 Restaurants close by. It’s 10 min to Philipsburg, 15 min to Orient Bay and a 4-minute walk to Dawn Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Princess Heights Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.